Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where does Phantom access music?
A bit confused as to where I can store music and have Phantom find it. I can go into Devices and point it to a drive on my network but it won't pull any music into the Spark app. . I do this under the "Online Services" tab (which doesn't make sense). So. . how can I point it to a network drive? I plan on using a streamer long term but am curious as to how to point it to my music.
I hope you get an answer because I am so f@@king p@@ed off with SPARK, it is utter sh@t.......Having got that rant out of the way I am running SPARK on my MACPRO with iTunes running to access my iTunes music on my NAS. It is so flaky that when it loses the connection (and I don't mean the mac losing the volume connection) but SPARK just deciding to lose all the music it takes thousands of restarts to get it back.

I've seen chocolate fireguards more reliable than this.

The Phantom itself is a great hardware product but it a giant paperweight if I can't reliable stream music to it. I have Devalet 120 as well which I am really happy with. I just wish Devialet would spend the same amount of research money and effort in their software as they do on hardware.
(17-Sep-2015, 20:44)actx76092 Wrote: A bit confused as to where I can store music and have Phantom find it.  I can go into Devices and point it to a drive on my network but it won't pull any music into the Spark app. . I do this under the "Online Services" tab (which doesn't make sense).  So. . how can I point it to a network drive?  I plan on using a streamer long term but am curious as to how to point it to my music.

Hello

just a quick response..
 Online services are for streaming services such as Deezer, Qobuz , Tidal etc.. and you will need to subscribe (pay) to these services to get them to work with Phantom.

When you launch Spark from any device, smart phone, Ipad or even a computer... You are able to play all the music files in that device...
If you want to play a file located in  your network drive.. you will need to start Spark from a desktop/Laptop and under the setting add the network directory  and the files will play..

Hope the above make sense and if you need more help.. either PM   and I can try to help.

Cheers
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
@filesOnNas. I can define the network path in Spark, but no files are found...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I have my music on Network Drive (Time Capsule). When I installed the Spark App, I just pointed the network path to the folder where my music is located on the network drive. It found all the music very quickly.
However, there is a quirk and it is not just with Spark App. My iTunes also is pointed to the same network location. If I do not open the network location with Finder on my Mac where iTunes is, then iTunes say the file not found. So, I have to shut down iTunes, open the location in finder and then open iTunes, and then everything works fine!
Same is the case with Spark App. So I always have to remember to open the finder before playing any of my network music and I am used to it for quite some time.
I believe the Mac (MacbookPro) somehow does not always stay connected to the network drive (Time Capsule). I have tried several configuration choices few years back and nothing helped. So, I am fine with doing this 'one more' step!
Devialet Expert Pro CI 220 + Marantz SR7013 | Kef Reference 201/2 R200c E305 E301 (5.1.4) |
Marantz Consolette |
Sorry but I am on windows. The only way to get to the music is to first connect the Nas ad a networkdrive on the laptop Spark is running. Than I can give the associated driveletter as path.
If I add the direct networkpath in Spark the result is something like C:\Program Files\Spark\"direct network path". It is accepted but will never find anything.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(18-Sep-2015, 09:01)angenet Wrote:
(17-Sep-2015, 20:44)actx76092 Wrote: A bit confused as to where I can store music and have Phantom find it.  I can go into Devices and point it to a drive on my network but it won't pull any music into the Spark app. . I do this under the "Online Services" tab (which doesn't make sense).  So. . how can I point it to a network drive?  I plan on using a streamer long term but am curious as to how to point it to my music.

Hello

just a quick response..
 Online services are for streaming services such as Deezer, Qobuz , Tidal etc.. and you will need to subscribe (pay) to these services to get them to work with Phantom.

When you launch Spark from any device, smart phone, Ipad or even a computer... You are able to play all the music files in that device...
If you want to play a file located in  your network drive.. you will need to start Spark from a desktop/Laptop and under the setting add the network directory  and the files will play..

Hope the above make sense and if you need more help.. either PM   and I can try to help.

Cheers
I am considering buying a pair of phantoms, but is seems how to set up is not well described.  Does Devialet have phone in tech support, that is helpful, to assist users through the setup stage?
(19-Sep-2015, 05:55)The rjalder Wrote:
(18-Sep-2015, 09:01)angenet Wrote:

Hello

just a quick response..

Cheers
I am considering buying a pair of phantoms, but is seems how to set up is not well described.  Does Devialet have phone in tech support, that is helpful, to assist users through the setup stage?

Hello
Devialet has made a further effort in helping costumers. Their website now have an option to Chat with an engineer/ technician who will provide adhoc help etc... You still have the email and the telephone number of the customer service...
To be honest it's quite simple to setup...
For two phantoms.. You will need the router dialog...
Connect dialog first to your broadband router/ switch... Wait 1mn ... Connect the phantoms wait 1 min ... Important ... Download Spark on a desktop/ Laptop connected by wires/ cable to your network...
Lunch spark and just follow the screen Indication... Simple ..

Tip: do not run the step on wireless device .. Dialog will take some time to find the phantoms...nit is a straight forward process when spark is launch on a device wired in the broadband network...
Pm me if you any help to go through the steps.

You will enjoy
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.