Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controlling Qobuz Desktop from iPad
I'm very much enjoying exploring Qobuz primarily via the Desktop running on my iMac. I find the sound quality far better streaming using this approach than using my iPad via Apple TV optical connection but would really like to use the iPad to control the Mac.

So, is anyone controlling Qobuz Desktop running on a Mac from their iPad? I understand that this is possible using XBMC on the Mac but am not sure whether that s/w will work with Devialet AIR?

Thanks.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Hi, I have a similar problem. I normally use Splashtop to control the Mac but it seems not to work when I am using AIR. What are others using to control Qobuz? Is there a way to stream Qobuz thru itunes or Amarra?
(16-Aug-2014, 01:32)GTX Wrote: Hi, I have a similar problem. I normally use Splashtop to control the Mac but it seems not to work when I am using AIR. What are others using to control Qobuz? Is there a way to stream Qobuz thru itunes or Amarra?

I finally got around to installing a copy of Spashtop on my iPad (iOS 7) and iMac (OSX 10.6.8) and can use it to control Qobuz Desktop from my iPad. At first I had a problem getting the s/w to stream to AIR but after I set the Splashtop preference to 'Output sound only this computer' it now works. I haven't really done any serious listening yet but my initial impression is that it doesn't seem to negatively impact the sound.

Obviously it's a little bit fiddly usng a Mac screen from an iPad but at least I don't have to keep getting up to use the iMac to change tracks etc Smile

Probably not a long-term solution but worth a play (only £2.99 on the App store)
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)