Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom/Dialog update 1.4.0.5
(25-Oct-2015, 22:21)f1eng Wrote: I think any live optical input comes up as the default song in the playqueue.

This used to be the case but as from the current Spark version (1.3.0) you can toggle autoplay on or off from the Sources panel.
Bug 
(13-Oct-2015, 03:26)angenet Wrote: Hi
It look for me that your problem is probably more on your network side...
Have you tried the total reset method as shown below? If no, please try it...

Review your network configuration... Flush your dns etc... And start from scratch..

And follow the following steps.

Unplug the ELECTRIC cable of following products: Phantom, Dialog, Internet router, WiFi router or Airport.
After everything is unplugged please WAIT 30 SECONDS.
Then, replug the devices in FOLLOWING order:
1/ Internet router, wait that it’s COMPLETELY started
2/ Airport or other wifi router, wait that they are COMPLETELY started
3/ Dialog. Wait that the white light becomes stable white. Press 3 times on the white light. It should blink. Wait that the white light becomes stable white.
4/ Your Phantoms. Once plugged, press 3 times on the button of their back. You should hear the sound of a snap and the ears should wiggle. If not, press again 3 times on the button until your hear the sound of a snap.
5/ Wait that the Phantoms are „singing“
6/ Start Spark app and follow EXACTLY the steps shown on Spark
7/ If you have a remote, you can connect it now

What can i say... you are a lucky girl (assuming that from the profile picture).
i have weird phase shifts from optical sources since 1.4.0.5
I ve done everything but is still crap.

Its a nice surround effect for those who want surround on phantoms Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy
Yep phase shift every 5 - 10 minutes or so since 1.4. Didn't exist in 1.3.

Channel reverse doesn't exist in 1.4 but did in 1.3.

Seems they fix one thing they break a second thing. That's called lack of software testing.

Oh hang on they have us to do the software testing don't they Silly me I forgot. Last time I checked, you got paid a decent wage for being a software tester, oh, and you didn't have to spend £3600 the equipment either :S
I'm on 1.4.0.5 and everything works well. I have one old (pre Bluetooth) silver phantom and one new plus a fairly new dialog. I use Bluetooth into the new phantom and I also have the optical plugged into that same one - just for convenience since it is near my Mac mini. I also control from my windows PC sometimes.

I have several wifi networks from my neighbors too.

It all works fine - no channel or phase switching. No glitchy playback.

I put in a new router recently and redid the whole setup process - smooth and simple. I don't know if I am lucky to have a working system or if there is some aspect of my setup that is unusual (or unusually banal, if you see what I mean).

Anyway I just post this to say that maybe it isn't a universal problem - or maybe the devialet software is just temperamental about some installations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a non-owner and therefore, according to some, a stalker, may I express my bemusement for a moment, please?

Some people claim to have next to zero problems from almost day dot. Others have reported "hissing". Others still have drop-outs and other similar network(?) problems, and others have other problems which include volume adjustment and the night mode being good or with strange artifacts. (I'm ignoring Spark here). And several others.

If the hardware is the same then the software should work exactly the same with all units.

So --- what is different? Quality control?

I don't know, but it does seem odd.
It does seem odd.

I get the impression that although we are approaching the first anniversary of the phantom, it is still a bit of a rare bird in the hifi world. I don't think there are that many people using them yet.

So possibly the usual idiosyncratic nature of home networks in combination with developing software both in the phantom (and new Mac OS and new Windows recently too) is generating the impression on these pages of a series of intractable problems. But once the knowledge base is a bit more developed we'll know the causes and solutions to some of these quirks and the system will become more stable.

...Hopefully!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is another variable that people usually forget... (I did). Your computer software firewall!

I was struggling even to connect another computer to the internet, and then I realized that I had blocked a service in my firewall that was required for that! So, maybe some of these problems are related to how people configure their software firewalls on their computers...

When I started using a router the majority of my problems were fixed, but I still have one: Phantoms with different firmwares, which is forcing me to use ethernet cables to connect everything to my router, and regarding the optical input, it seems the problems are mainly with Dialog's optical input, since I started using Phantom's one I stopped having the channel switching problem...
(30-Oct-2015, 11:29)yesgrey Wrote: When I started using a router the majority of my problems were fixed, but I still have one: Phantoms with different firmwares, which is forcing me to use ethernet cables to connect everything to my router, and regarding the optical input, it seems the problems are mainly with Dialog's optical input, since I started using Phantom's one I stopped having the channel switching problem...

Yes, I can confirm the optical input of the dialog is the cause of many problems. I had one produced in WK17. I informed my dealer about the problems and they switched it for a newer version (2 weeks ago), production WK25. And guess what, same problems with the optical input. I can only conclude the dialog is not well designed? Or is it having bad luck?
The Phantoms optical inputs work much better but the channel switching is not gone. I'm curious what will happen with the new firmware release next week.