Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JRiver on Mac
I've managed to get music playing from my Mac/JRiver to the Devialet over Ethernet using Soundflower.

Firstly download, install and run Soundflower, which is free here: http://soundflower.en.softonic.com/mac
 There will be an icon in the toolbar, top right (the Soundflowerbox).  Open audio setup, in the left column select Devialet Air. In the right hand box select input format 96000Hz / 2ch-24bit integer and output format the same. Close setup. Click the Soundflower icon and under Soundflower (2ch), select Devialet Air.

In system preferences, select sound, then output from the top menu and set this to Devialet Air. Select input and set this to Soundflower (2ch). Set the input volume slider to maximum.

On the Media Center 21 toolbar, select tools, then options. Select Audio in the left hand pane, then under audio device set this to Soundflower (2ch) [Core Audio]. Under device settings, make sure that "Open device with exclusive access" is unchecked. Close both of the boxes.
Make sure that the Devialet and Soundflowerbed apps. are selected to run at startup.

When restarting the computer, all that is needed is to select  Devialet Airand tick My Devialet-ETH (if it isn't already), then tick Devialet AIR in the Soundflowerbed. 

I think that's about it! It's been running this morning using JRemote on iPad for a couple of hours using wav, flac, dsf and dsd without any glitches of any sort.

Give me a shout if you have any problems and I'll assist if I'm able. Rolleyes

SQ is great BTW!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Very interesting, I'm going to give a shot tomorrow and will post my result.
But what about 24/192 hi res, can Sunflower handle it too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MacMini > Roon  > D220pro > NAIM Naca5 > Dynaudio Special 40
(30-Sep-2015, 04:18)Magagne Wrote: Very interesting, I'm going to give a shot tomorrow and will post my result.

There are settings within Soundflower for 24/192, but I haven't tested them. Give it a go!  Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(30-Sep-2015, 15:37)Axel Wrote:
(30-Sep-2015, 04:18)Magagne Wrote: Very interesting, I'm going to give a shot tomorrow and will post my result.

There are settings within Soundflower for 24/192, but I haven't tested them. Give it a go!  Smile

Cracking noise in less than 5 minutes. Rolleyes

MacMini > Roon  > D220pro > NAIM Naca5 > Dynaudio Special 40
(30-Sep-2015, 23:10)Magagne Wrote:

Cracking noise in less than 5 minutes.  Rolleyes

I just purchased a D400, running a Mac Mini USB & JRiver (mac) 
I could not get it to work all the time, so I changed to
Audirvana Plus using the same USB cable, it works perfect
plays DSD 64 with no problems, I do not have any DSD 128 to try.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(30-Sep-2015, 23:10)Magagne Wrote:

Cracking noise in less than 5 minutes.  Rolleyes

Strange. I don't have any problems with extraneous noise of any kind.
South Coast England
I've just upgraded my iOS to El Capitan and now Soundflower will not install. Back to the drawing board!  Sad
Edit: Supposedly,  Soundflower 2 fixes the problem, but I can't find it anywhere.
South Coast England