Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temperature test...
Manoet, I've been following your adventures all this time, amazing reading. I can only congratulate you wholeheartedly for your achievement. Not only the fact of building a better version of your Dev, but also managing your temperature goals at first try! Great, testament to your thorough and professional work. I'm just to have been able to follow all this process, and wish deeply I lived closer to you so I could bring my 120 to you and arrange for the same "treatment" to be applied to it. Certainly you do have a business opportunity here, something of an Abarth to Dev's Fiats or an AMG to Mercedes.

Congratulations once again! Cheers,

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(29-Sep-2015, 00:06)Manoet Wrote: sorry for quality but I gave up quality for expediency. Can you read it? A:30C, D: 29C, Supply: 31C

If quality compromises potential authenticity its repeatable any time ;-)

Cool (pun intended) Big Grin
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Thanks guys! But I'll pass on the business opportunity aspect. I figure life is two periods of play interrupted by, in my case, 45 years of work. Time for me to play again. Besides this would cease to be fun rather quickly if I had to rely on it for work. But I'm flattered anyone might think that. And none of this is rocket science. Heck its not even very electronically oriented. Just mechanical skills tho admittedly it was testing me near the end.

I just ran my palm over the entire top surface tho because mine's wall-mounted its a vertical surface. Either way its no longer warm but rather "cool" to the touch everywhere!!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Wow...coool.
Actually its bad for me. Means the $1,100 worth of thermal pads I purchased while probably outstanding alone are being beat up pretty severely by the convection cooling which was free as it was DIY labor only.. The pads would've been great without convection but not to the same extent. If I was starting over tomorrow I'd do convection only. Conversely if I wasn't doing any convection provision I'd do the high-end pads. I had no idea the convection cooling would walk all over the thermal pads like they (apparently) have. One other convection-related trick I'd do is mill a few holes at the rear of the top at an angle to pull more cooling air between the top and the underside of the primary PCB. Hindsight is always 20/20!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Very interesting, my temps after 3 hours are 41, 35, 41.

My sound quality is thoroughly enjoyable at these temps.

Congrats on your project.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
With DPM on my temps would stabilise around 40-43C. Off though they're in the late 50s, sometimes early 60s. Depends on speaker load as well I guess. SAM on in both cases which adds about 7-8C in my experience, maybe a bit less with DPM off.
No changes streaming continuously overnight at -26dB. Still at A: 31C, D: 30 & Supply 31C in a 25.55C room with DPM off. Did try DPM on last night for an hour or so before going to bed. No temp changes within that hour but still hate what it does to SQ. Makes everything sound 'smaller' for lack of a more apt description.

Today I clean up the remnants of a 2 month project... and listen to some seriously good music of course.
(29-Sep-2015, 11:28)Manoet Wrote: No changes streaming continuously overnight at -26dB. Still at A: 31C, D: 30 & Supply 31C in a 25.55C room with DPM off. Did try DPM on last night for an hour or so before going to bed. No temp changes within that hour but still hate what it does to SQ. Makes everything sound 'smaller' for lack of a more apt description.

Today I clean up the remnants of a 2 month project... and listen to some seriously good music of course.

Congratulations Manoet!

Can we have some full size piccies of the case please?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Apparently the D200 and 250 are electronically identical, in terms of the components used. The difference between these models is the cooling capabilities of the case, plus there are firmware differences, such the power supply side of things and control of the ADH core is more restrictive in the 200 vs the 250, due to the differences in the cooling capabilities of the case. So lets assume that that this modified D200 does, in all aspects, have cooling capabilities at least as good as a D250. Would it not be possible to re-programme as a D250? Just a thought!