Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding a Phantom
Hi all, I seek advice on addition of a Phantom to my house.

I am a longtime Devialet D-Premier owner and have a stable setup with none of the issues that others have talked about on this site. I am serving music on a MacBook Air over WiFi and AirPlay through an AirPort Express connected via TOSLINK to the Devialet and over Ethernet from an Airport Extreme to a Pioneer AirPlay Speaker. 

What are my options for adding a Phantom to my network? Can I serve AirPlay devices simultaneously, how about running AIR simultaneously.

Sorry if this is too basic. 

Hg
So who did I offend?
Everyone, it seems!

The options for phantom are basically optical toslink, Bluetooth or spark. If you have a dialog you can use streaming services, plus you have the option of connecting optical to that or to the phantom. If you're using optical, you basically select that input using spark then control what is being sent to it through whatever player or device is generating the signal.

Hope that makes sense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(09-Oct-2015, 04:46)sleach Wrote: Everyone, it seems!

The options for phantom are basically optical toslink, Bluetooth or spark. If you have a dialog you can use streaming services, plus you have the option of connecting optical to that or to the phantom. If you're using optical, you basically select that input using spark then control what is being sent to it through whatever player or device is generating the signal.

Hope that makes sense!

Thank's sleach

So I guess in my setup, best approach would be to get another Airport Express and connect via TOSLINK. I guess it would work as if they were an AirPlay device driven by iTunes the way my D-Premier does now. That way I could have all three devices running the same music simultaneously.

Sound right?

Hg
Yep, sounds right!

Thank you. I'll report my results here.

Hg