Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion on top
Did not find anything about this on the forum, so I ask you:

Is there any problem having the companion on top?

This will look alot better at my place, because it will be easier to hide the cables.

And I have read that the companion is hotter than the master??  So this will maybe be an improvement to this?
Devialet 400 - Bowers & Wilkins CWM8.3 - Bluesounde Node2
Not any problem but the companion is only hotter in standby. When they are on the master is warmer.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(03-Oct-2015, 13:22)octaviars Wrote: Not any problem but the companion is only hotter in standby. When they are on the master is warmer.

Thanks for reply..    Big Grin
Devialet 400 - Bowers & Wilkins CWM8.3 - Bluesounde Node2
I have companion sitting on the Master in my 800 setup. Not an issue whatsoever. In this way it hides the cable better. I just 4x silicone Cones to support the Companion, raising it up by 1-2 inches, that's all.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon