Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kii Three
Has anyone heard it? More expensive than the Phantom but built from the ground up with DSP. Really intriguing.

http://kiiaudio.com/phocadownload/AUDIO_...EE_web.pdf
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

They do look very interesting.

Here's a link to the English translation:
http://kiiaudio.com/phocadownload/AUDIO_...nglish.pdf
Initial impressions by 6moons at Munich 2015

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/0...kii-audio/

There are threads on the Kii Three at AShark, AAficionado and WBF. Comments from some who heard them at their European debut in Germany, Belgium and Netherlands have been quite positive with reports of impressive imaging and soundstaging.

However, those who heard them at RMAF 2015 on the first day, were not that positive. On the second day, they changed the source from CDP + DAC to direct from laptop (must have used a DD converter) and, reportedly, there was a significant improvement.

Since all analog inputs are digitised, going direct from the laptop would have eliminated the DA/AD stage when running through the CDP/DAC.
Wonder who's exhibiting them at RMAF? Reason I ask is I have to run over there with the D200 in 2 hours. I checked the exhibitor list for "Kii" but can't find them listed. I'm interested too and since I'll have the D200 with me and it being the last day of the show I'm wondering if they'd be interested in hooking them up to my unit? S'worth a shot if I could just find who's exhibiting them or the room they're in.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
They have DAC/amps inbuilt. Presumably a separate DAC can be used (and was, as mentioned a couple of posts ago of course) but would be a little pointless bypassing the amps (if even possible).
Grrr... figures! Oh well, "the best laid plans... " Guess I just became uninterested. Thanks Rufus!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
LOL. Does not make sense to run them through the D200...

In case you are still interested (or to compare them with the Phantoms), they are being exhibited by GTT Audio Video at Atrium rooms 535 & 537.

https://www.audiofest.net/north-american...s-535-537/
Guillaume and I heard them at Munich - not at the main MOC show but, by invitation, at a separate recording studio.

Very small room so we were no more than 2m from the speakers. Quite impressive though clearly set up in a room and with material to impress.

Domestically quite appealing in the same way as the Phantom (which are at a much lower price) and, at a much higher price, the Grimm.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(04-Oct-2015, 16:24)IanG-UK Wrote: Guillaume and I heard them at Munich - not at the main MOC show but, by invitation, at a separate recording studio.

Very small room so we were no more than 2m from the speakers. Quite impressive though clearly set up in a room and with material to impress.

Domestically quite appealing in the same way as the Phantom (which are at a much lower price) and, at a much higher price, the Grimm.

Ian,

Any sense of how the three compare?

Aaron
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Anyone else who could share his experience with Kii?