Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved....no sound from left phantom when dialogue streaming
I have two silvers and a dialogue  .. all on 1.4.0.5...set up as left and right channel...TV optical to dialogue....external BT module optical (its 1st gen phantoms) to left.

Was working ... perfectly  (the perfect means something so-so or random in France)

This morning.....
Huh 

TV - both speakers work and acting and L&R
BT - both speakers work and acting and L&R

streaming Tidal, Deezer or Quobuz or local sources tracks - No left channel  Angry

disconnected all three (2 phantom + dialogue) from power and restarted home network and spark setup 10 times...same result..

I'm getting fed up with this useless user experience

Before I give up.....any suggestions people.
1.4 f/w has been a particularly buggy release... and they have withdrawn it from download for the time being.
"It's probably not you... it's them."
I don't think there's a way of going back at present.

Out of interest, I'd like to know if you use any special/filtered/audiophile mains blocks? These may exacerbate such problems due to PLC obstruction.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(06-Oct-2015, 13:05)JohnnySix Wrote: 1.4 f/w has been a particularly buggy release... and they have withdrawn it from download for the time being.
"It's probably not you... it's them."
I don't think there's a way of going back at present.

Out of interest, I'd like to know if you use any special/filtered/audiophile mains blocks? These may exacerbate such problems due to PLC obstruction.
Here's hoping for stable 1.5 f/w JohnnySix
No audiophile mains block
I have  the dialog and 3 phantoms. Same issue, multi cold start, unplug replug, reSpark never stable enough to sustain a listening experience. Have tried every connection option with same outcome. Frustration.

Have used my RF analyzer, and net tools, and believe the dialog is poorly designed with crap software, unfortunately there are no Devialet expert user tools to assist in producing technical suggestions to augment the troubleshooting.

Running out of time on the 45 day trial soon, and if no fix from Devialet will return the units and see where they are a year from now.
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.
Please describe how your Phantoms are connected. Are you using a filtering device. Are they in the same room? Are they on the same powerline network? etc.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Disconnect from power and whait for a while is not enough!

You can find troubleshouting on www.help.devialet.com

How to reset Phantom and Dialog?
Sometime it might be required to reset your system Phantom and Dialog. For making your reset on the more efficient way please follow the below instructions:
  1. Check if your Dialog is connected to your Internet router (via an ethernet cable)
  2. Check if the device you will use for Spark is on the correct Wifi network
  3. Unplug your Dialog and Phantom from the electric outlet
  4. Wait 30 secondes
  5. Plug back your Dialog (first) and your Phantom(s)
  6. Wait 30 secondes
  7. Press 3 times quickly the bouton on the back of your Dialog (3 short press, the light of your Dialog will react for informing that the reset is starting)
  8. Wait until your Dialog light stops blinking (it means end of the reset for your Dialog)
  9. Press 3 times the back button of your Phantom (3 short press)
  10. Wait about a minute until you hear the start sound of your Phantom(s) (if Phantom is not editing any sounds during 5 seconds, then please redo the steps  3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 without touching your Dialog)
  11. Launch Spark and follow instructions for making the setup

Note: If during the step 11, Spark is asking you to plug your Dialog, it means that your Dialog is not correctly connected to your router, or the device you are using with Spark is not connected to the right Wifi network.
(07-Oct-2015, 04:12)trashken Wrote: Please describe how your Phantoms are connected. Are you using a filtering device. Are they in the same room? Are they on the same powerline network? etc.

For me:  Phantoms in same room as diaogue, either side of large TV .  Phantoms are 1-3 feet from dialogue which in turn is 6 inches from router and hidden behind TV.  Not on same powerline and not using filtering device.  Basically lots of potential for electrical interference.  However this is real world set up...I should not be forced to purchase audiophile power filters etc to compensate for possible design flaws.  I strongly believe (and hope) the problem is dialogue or phantom or spark software related, not hardware.
Power conditioners were mentioned here only because they seem to be a cause of Phantom Dialog issues, not as a requirement

(07-Oct-2015, 11:07)jaykay1967 Wrote:
(07-Oct-2015, 04:12)trashken Wrote: Please describe how your Phantoms are connected. Are you using a filtering device. Are they in the same room? Are they on the same powerline network? etc.

For me:  Phantoms in same room as diaogue, either side of large TV .  Phantoms are 1-3 feet from dialogue which in turn is 6 inches from router and hidden behind TV.  Not on same powerline and not using filtering device.  Basically lots of potential for electrical interference.  However this is real world set up...I should not be forced to purchase audiophile power filters etc to compensate for possible design flaws.  I strongly believe (and hope) the problem is dialogue or phantom or spark software related, not hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audiophile Mains Filters actually make our Phantom problems WORSE... so you should be better off than us (theoretically...)
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(07-Oct-2015, 08:48)Johnnydev Wrote: Disconnect from power and whait for a while is not enough!

You can find troubleshouting on www.help.devialet.com

How to reset Phantom and Dialog?
Sometime it might be required to reset your system Phantom and Dialog. For making your reset on the more efficient way please follow the below instructions:
  1. Check if your Dialog is connected to your Internet router (via an ethernet cable)
  2. Check if the device you will use for Spark is on the correct Wifi network
  3. Unplug your Dialog and Phantom from the electric outlet
  4. Wait 30 secondes
  5. Plug back your Dialog (first) and your Phantom(s)
  6. Wait 30 secondes
  7. Press 3 times quickly the bouton on the back of your Dialog (3 short press, the light of your Dialog will react for informing that the reset is starting)
  8. Wait until your Dialog light stops blinking (it means end of the reset for your Dialog)
  9. Press 3 times the back button of your Phantom (3 short press)
  10. Wait about a minute until you hear the start sound of your Phantom(s) (if Phantom is not editing any sounds during 5 seconds, then please redo the steps  3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 without touching your Dialog)
  11. Launch Spark and follow instructions for making the setup

Note: If during the step 11, Spark is asking you to plug your Dialog, it means that your Dialog is not correctly connected to your router, or the device you are using with Spark is not connected to the right Wifi network.

Tried this three times .....(I even realised that I'd never done steps 7 & 8 during my usual set up).....BUT it still doesn't solve the problem  Sad