Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focal Sopra No. 2 Floorstanding Speakers
Has anyone heard or own the new Focal Sopra No. 2 floorstanding speakers with a Devialet integrated amp?

If so, what has been your experience/impressions so far?
My dealer here in Sweden told my yesterday that they are not coming until november, at first it was august so they are delayed. But I hope the will be at a fair here in two weeks so I can listen to them.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Have heard them with 400 last weekend in Germany not bad, but I prefer the Gauder Akustik Cassiano MK ll. More airy and more exact bass overall and easier to handle near walls.

Sent by iPad
(06-Oct-2015, 18:41)samurai7595 Wrote: Has anyone heard or own the new Focal Sopra No. 2 floorstanding speakers with a Devialet integrated amp?

If so, what has been your experience/impressions so far?

I heard them about a week ago on a business trip.  They were paired with D-800's.  WOW very, very impressive.  The room I listened to them was well treated, not overly damped with acoustic panels everywhere but with a well thought out application which could be easily achieved in most rooms.  I mention this as the room to me is soooooo important.

Anyway the depth, clarity and precision of sound stage was as close to perfect I could imagine.  The details of the high end were crystal without being fatiguing.  The mids were precise, not warm but not on the other end of the spectrum either.

Bass was very fast and impactful (no Wilsons here mind you but none the less).  I will be putting these on my short list.  Not sure if I like the Revel Studio 2 better or not.  No way to judge on a back to back basis.

My 2 cents.....
Devialet 400; KEF Reference 3; custom built Server 2012 with JRiver & Audiophile Optimizer; med grade wall socket; 10 AWG speaker cable bi-wire & un-terminated; AudioQuest Carbon USB with Jitterbug; Shunyata Venom 3 power cables.
A friend with d400 just got the no.2. Had a quick listen when it came cold straight out from the box couple of weeks ago. I was quite impressed. Previously, his setup was b&w 803d. I also went to audition a d400 with Wilson Sabrina. Focal was a clear winner. I will go back to his place for another listen this sat.