Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
110 Ohm RCA to XLR Digital
Hello all and good evening!

I had a fellow make a cable for me (as per thread subject), as I wanted to see if it was better than the 75 ohm cable I use (that was used with my sub before I sold it).

It's kind of odd but it seems that anything of a higher bitrate and the sound starts to, or completely cuts out of, the companion side of the system.  I'd say about anything over 4500 kbps (via JRiver).  CD Rips play absolutely fine.

I'm glad I only paid $80 for the cable but was wondering if there is any reason (apart from a faulty cable - but even then I would have thought it would work or...not), that this might happen?  I double checked all my settings in the configurator.  When I go back to the configuration with the 75 ohm cable and use it, now problem at any bitrate.

Thanks!!
Devialet 400; KEF Reference 3; custom built Server 2012 with JRiver & Audiophile Optimizer; med grade wall socket; 10 AWG speaker cable bi-wire & un-terminated; AudioQuest Carbon USB with Jitterbug; Shunyata Venom 3 power cables.
I use a 110 Ohm cable - RCA to XLR with out any problems at all, Redbook, DSD, 24/192 all play without a hitch. The cable is made by DH Labs, a D-110 that I had them modify to include an RCA connector on one end. Highly recommended by me.

So I would say the issue is with the cable that was made for you.

This is to connect my master 200 with the companion 200.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(08-Oct-2015, 04:15)baddog Wrote: I use a 110 Ohm cable - RCA to XLR with out any problems at all, Redbook, DSD, 24/192 all play without a hitch. The cable is made by DH Labs, a D-110 that I had them modify to include an RCA connector on one end. Highly recommended by me.

So I would say the issue is with the cable that was made for you.

This is to connect my master 200 with the companion 200.

Thanks for the confirmation!
Devialet 400; KEF Reference 3; custom built Server 2012 with JRiver & Audiophile Optimizer; med grade wall socket; 10 AWG speaker cable bi-wire & un-terminated; AudioQuest Carbon USB with Jitterbug; Shunyata Venom 3 power cables.