Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2-3 week inspection & PSU temp comparison
    This morning I awoke to find this set of temps from the overnight testing. This with the smaller sliver of thermal pad and the modified wall mount. I've currently slipped the middle piece of the wall mount between Devialet and wall to see if it contributed anything. Without finer sensor resolution I'm doubtful anything will come from that test.

Also I know you guys are gonna walk all over me again but I gotta tell ya there was a significant increase in SQ again. And no one hates mentioning it to you more than me. I know all the reasons you've told me this simply can't be. From "amps like heat, like to be left on continually, can't be better when cooler or can't be like that if things are working correctly et al." Well perhaps you're right... maybe it's broken. I'll live with an amp broken like this forever! And when my ambient temps slip another 6*F to 70*F mid next month for my winter settings I fully expect its going to become even cooler, overnight, more broken and dare I say it, best sounding yet. Its lonely at the bottom of the temp pile. But we have pretty incredible hifi down here ;-)
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!