Poll: What should Devialet prioritise next?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dialog compatibility with Expert range
7.08%
8 7.08%
Robust fix for AIR
29.20%
33 29.20%
A fully functioning remote APP
19.47%
22 19.47%
Roon integration
9.73%
11 9.73%
UPnP compatibility
9.73%
11 9.73%
Direct playback from USB
5.31%
6 5.31%
Room correction
18.58%
21 18.58%
Something else - as posted
0.88%
1 0.88%
Total 113 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should Devialet prioritise next?
(25-Oct-2015, 23:49)thumb5 Wrote: Perhaps in that case we should ask for Air Is Reliable (aka AIR)...

I emailed support and suggested (again) that they implement RoonSpeakers transport when its available, since Air is unreliable and this would hopefully offer a viable alternative.  

The response this time?  They just ignored the question about Roon, and asked for my system details so they 'can help me fix my Air issues'.  After having tried this process early on in my Devialet ownership, and it failing, I then have a few communications with them acknowledging that its a known fault.  They still seem to be acting shocked about it and trying to fob people off with the idea that its just an incorrect configuration or something.  Hilarious.

An update incase anyone's getting excited about possible upcoming features:

-They don't plan to update the app (iOS or computer based) to let you configure any parameters 'real-time', since its too much work and you can develop your own system based on the RS232 connection as some people apparently have! Dodgy

-Room correction's out as apparently everyone thinks SAMs a 'much hotter topic' and so the signal processing team are 'busy' getting new speakers SAMmed. This is apparently what EVERYONE wants.

Makes you wonder if anyone's actually running Devialet or if they even have a clue about the wants/needs of their customers.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

getting speakers SAM'd as i understand it only requires a SAM Lab and an engineer to traverse the globe popping into audio stores and SAMing speakers as they go ...which is what is currently being done. So surely they must have resources that can be working on other issues? of which AIR is a massive one

If Dialog or even another additional device is necessary for a fault free AIR implementation then surely this must be a priority to them or (and i maybe being cynical here but) is it because there is no further purchase avenues for current owners that they feel they dont need to support us?
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England