Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Phantom remote
I got the phantom remote today. Setup was very easy, and it is really nice to use. For my set up it is much easier than adjusting volume in Spark.

It seems well made and it is nice and minimal. But it really looks a lot like a jar of fancy hand cream.

[Image: 60c70e3cfb4b856920dc636c8bd2af63.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Hope the wife doesn't think it's an empty jar and chucks it in the bin.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
I have it now for a couple of weeks, but I'm not happy with it. For 150 euro you'd expect more than just volume control. Functions like mute, pause, next & previous track seem not too much to ask. Furthermore the remote often doesn't work, so you have to reconnect it to the Phantom. Very annoying when the phone is ringing. Also it has a lag so instead of responding straight away it takes time but remembers how much you twisted. So all of a sudden the volume is pumped to painful levels.

Are there any updates for the remote to be expected?
2x Phantom I Gold Opera de Paris 2.12.3 on Branch
I spoke to the distributor here who said there are more functions coming: the remote has an accelerometer so it can send more commands.

So far I have found it works really well. No issues with reconnecting here so far. There is a lag of maybe 0.5 seconds when I first use it then it is instantaneous. I find it offers quite fine control- I mean it only changes the volume a little bit as you turn, so to really crank it up to max volume you turn it quite a long way. This means I haven't really come close to accidental deafening...yet!

(26-Oct-2015, 05:23)trashken Wrote: Hope the wife doesn't think it's an empty jar and chucks it in the bin.

Yikes!!

(26-Oct-2015, 03:15)sleach Wrote: I got the phantom remote today. Setup was very easy, and it is really nice to use. For my set up it is much easier than adjusting volume in Spark.

It seems well made and it is nice and minimal. But it really looks a lot like a jar of fancy hand cream.

[Image: 60c70e3cfb4b856920dc636c8bd2af63.jpg]

Nice picture...
BUt with 5 iphones and 3 ipads in this house.. don't see why I will spend money on buying that "Beauty cream Jar".. the App Remote does the job properly so far..

When and if more functions are added.. may consider...

Thx
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
(26-Oct-2015, 08:00)frenkb Wrote: I have it now for a couple of weeks, but I'm not happy with it. For 150 euro you'd expect more than just volume control. Functions like mute, pause, next & previous track seem not too much to ask. Furthermore the remote often doesn't work, so you have to reconnect it to the Phantom. Very annoying when the phone is ringing. Also it has a lag so instead of responding straight away it takes time but remembers how much you twisted. So all of a sudden the volume is pumped to painful levels.

My remote stops working every 2 days! This is very sad. You would think holding it upside down near the phantom and it works again.... Not. The phantom 'breathes' but the remote won't connect.

A complete new setup is required to get it going again. Sometimes I ask myself how I keep my patience with all the problems of the phantoms.

My dealer confirms the remote problem.

On the positive side, when it works, volume control is perfect, smooth and without delay in my case.
I have the same problem with the remote disconnecting every couple of days.
Opening the lid to disconnect batteries is enough. Full setup is not needed. Then I can hold it upside down next to Phantom and it will connect again.

(27-Oct-2015, 01:18)Bogardo Wrote:
(26-Oct-2015, 08:00)frenkb Wrote: I have it now for a couple of weeks, but I'm not happy with it. For 150 euro you'd expect more than just volume control. Functions like mute, pause, next & previous track seem not too much to ask. Furthermore the remote often doesn't work, so you have to reconnect it to the Phantom. Very annoying when the phone is ringing. Also it has a lag so instead of responding straight away it takes time but remembers how much you twisted. So all of a sudden the volume is pumped to painful levels.

My remote stops working every 2 days! This is very sad. You would think holding it upside down near the phantom and it works again.... Not. The phantom 'breathes' but the remote won't connect.

A complete new setup is required to get it going again. Sometimes I ask myself how I keep my patience with all the problems of the phantoms.

My dealer confirms the remote problem.

On the positive side, when it works, volume control is perfect, smooth and without delay in my case.

(27-Oct-2015, 14:03)Phs Wrote: Opening the lid to disconnect batteries is enough. Full setup is not needed.

Nope. I tried this before I did a full setup the first time after it failed and is not working for me.