Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy speaker cable/binding post question
I have Audioquest Oak speaker cables.. I am simply going to buy bananas and replace the spades.. pretty simple. My REL I'll still hookup high level, they have bananas on them but I'll just remove and use bare wire into the connector that'll be thin enough so that the cover will still fit. Although I was reading that some think the unit sounds better with out the cover??

(10-Aug-2014, 18:50)f1eng Wrote: The price you pay for the nice styling is no bulky or angled connectors. I am surprised dealers didn't make this clear to the non-technically minded purchasers before selling to them.
TBH it seems pretty obvious by just glancing at the amp!
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good quality banana plug? I'm currently using bare wire but want to install banana plugs for the convenience.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
(10-Aug-2014, 20:16)pete86 Wrote: Does anyone have a recommendation for a good quality banana plug? I'm currently using bare wire but want to install banana plugs for the convenience.

WBT NextGen or Eichmann
http://www.eti-research.com.au/index.php...tail-packs.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey