Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog optical input
I just bought a second silver phantom and dialog and went to connect a toslink cable to the dialog but it doesn't lock in place. You normally feel optical cables clip in but I'm not getting that it just falls out when I let it go.

I have connected the same cable to one of the phantoms as a work around with no issues but I need to get one connected to the dialog.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I ended up connecting to the phantom. There was a previous thread here where someone found a particular type of toslink cable that does fit. Others have taped or used adhesive gum to hold it in place

Actually here is the link:

(03-Oct-2015, 20:58)jvi Wrote: the toslink connector on the Dialog is more or less a disaster. The toslink entrance is not in line with the housing (recessed). I have tried 6 different toslink-cables and none of them fitted. The Devialet servicedesk has sent me a link of the cables they used.
Quess what...didn't fit. All cables are badly coupled in the toslink entrance and fall out easily.

I received an Optoma Nuforce BTR-100 bluetooth adapter from Devialet. My Phantoms are the ones without build-in bluetooth. In the package is a bluetooth cable with identification FM65115. This one has rather small plugs and they really clip into the toslink entrance of the Dialog (or Phantom).

This is a link of that cable:

http://nl.farnell.com/cliff-electronic-c...dp/2447915

Besides this cable I use a Audioquest Vodka toslink cable. I have secured it by putting parts of moldable earplug  stuff around the plug. That way it stays in place.

I asked Devialet service desk to report this problem to their design/production department; they promised to do so.

(01-Nov-2015, 07:28)Adams Wrote: I just bought a second silver phantom and dialog and went to connect a toslink cable to the dialog but it doesn't lock in place. You normally feel optical cables clip in but I'm not getting that it just falls out when I let it go.

I have connected the same cable to one of the phantoms as a work around with no issues but I need to get one connected to the dialog.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

My dialog developed the same problem but the cable doesn't actually fall out under its own weight and seems to be OK on the TV sound I use it for.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I can confirm the audioquest optical cables fit the port of the dialog. However, from experience, I would not recommend using the optical input from the dialog but use instead these of the phantoms.
I'm using 2 QED cables to both phantoms and they sound great. No problems so far, auto switching works as it should.
How do I connect two optical cables to just one source?
I have two Phantoms connected to a Dialog with the same issue with the optical input.
(02-Nov-2015, 17:33)Bogardo Wrote: I can confirm the audioquest optical cables fit the port of the dialog. However, from experience, I would not recommend using the optical input from the dialog but use instead these of the phantoms.
I'm using 2 QED cables to both phantoms and they sound great. No problems so far, auto switching works as it should.

Bogardo, may I ask why?  I would have assumed the optical inputs of Dialog and Phantom produce the same results - or that Dialog is even better as the signal goes from Phantom to Dialog and then back to dual Phantoms. Might as well cut out the first Phantom and just go straight to the Dialog.  At least that was my assumption...Smile

Did you test both and found Phantoms to sound better? 

Thanks!
(19-Dec-2015, 19:26)MountainGuy Wrote:
(02-Nov-2015, 17:33)Bogardo Wrote: I can confirm the audioquest optical cables fit the port of the dialog. However, from experience, I would not recommend using the optical input from the dialog but use instead these of the phantoms.

Bogardo, may I ask why?  I would have assumed the optical inputs of Dialog and Phantom produce the same results - or that Dialog is even better as the signal goes from Phantom to Dialog and then back to dual Phantoms. Might as well cut out the first Phantom and just go straight to the Dialog.  At least that was my assumption...Smile

Did you test both and found Phantoms to sound better? 

Thanks!

The optical input of the dialog gave me some weird clicking noises and sometimes it wouldn't recognize the source.
Another issue, not related to phantom or dialog, was that the optical switching device would not always turn on/off or set to the proper channel when controlled by the Harmony ultimate remote.
My dealer went over to listen and they confirmed the optical input of the dialog being unstable. They leant me a 5m long optical cable to test with. Till today, no problems at all.
So I bought 3m long optical cables for each phantom to the 2 sources I have (tv and htpc). A good investment as the quality is perfect.
Hi

Any type of toslink cable can fit into the dialog.. just unscrew the head cover and it will fit,,,
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.