Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protection Cover Fitting
Dear All - I have just picked up my Devialet 200 yesterday and having owned several high end systems, I am absolutely astonished at how good the 200 is!!

I just wanted to ask one question to the others on the forum to see if they have picked up any issues of protection cover fitting.

When I slide my cover home (so it fits next to the main unit) the top is not flush with the top of the main unit (top protrudes by 1-2mm). I cannot recall this issue with the demo unit I borrowed and I know it may sound minor but they are such good looking boxes I just want to check if this is normal or do I need to go back to my dealer.

Just wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed this or should the cover by absolutely flush with the body?

Many thanks in anticipation. Smile
My two have the original cast case, rather than the sheet metal but the covers always fit flush.
Are you using very bulky connectors which may prevent it seating properly?
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

The rear cover fits perfectly flush with the top on my 200.

I am using a power cable with a Furutech FI-15 plug, which is a squeeze, but the sliding mechanism for the rear cover seems to allow very little scope for up-and-down play of the cover.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Thanks for the replies, I did make sure the cables were not impacting the fit of the cover. I also tried the cover with the cables removed and it still did not fit flush. It sounds like I need to speak to my dealer. Not sure what they will do about it but I imagine the covers are matched at the factory so not sure how inter-changeable they are?
(10-Aug-2014, 11:36)CaliforniaDreaming Wrote: Thanks for the replies, I did make sure the cables were not impacting the fit of the cover. I also tried the cover with the cables removed and it still did not fit flush. It sounds like I need to speak to my dealer. Not sure what they will do about it but I imagine the covers are matched at the factory so not sure how inter-changeable they are?

Just take Your unit to dealer and try his cover with Your unit. Maybe it will fit? Sometimes stupid ideas works;-)