Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New versions of Spark 1.3.1 and firmware 1.4.1.12
(02-Nov-2015, 23:12)msg Wrote: In the prior version of Spark the volume would randomly reset to 35. If you experienced this, has the update fixed that issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you talking about the safety feature or is it happening during listening of a single source? The first is on purpose (when switching sources this could be potentially disastrous as they may have varying input levels). The second is an issue I had with optical-in of Dialog. It was solved however with a proper reset (Router/Wifi/Dialog/Phantom). Since I updated to 1.4.1.12 I have no issues at all - Knock on wood!

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(02-Nov-2015, 23:18)ragwo Wrote: I believe the random reset of volume isn't random but a safety feature. A member of this forum asked Devialet support and got that answer. When you change source, the volume will be reset to 35 to avoid mishaps.

Yes, I was informed that the reset to 35 was for safety purposes when the source is changed. But that's not the problem I've had. I've had the volume reset to 35 when stopping and starting a song , switching songs from the same source, or, on occasion, right in the middle of the song (without me doing anything).
On a different thread, some who upgraded wrote, "Mid/highs are now more refined, better separation, more ambience retrieval! It also seems the bass is a bit more recessed, still great but this could explain IMO the improvements in mid/high freq?"

Would be interesting to hear from others after the upgrade if you also hear the difference.

MtnGuy
(02-Nov-2015, 21:19)seb Wrote: Update from 1.4.0.5 went smooth. All settings were kept. Playing now from TIDAL without problems. I keep my fingers crossed that it stays like this. As others I had some problems before, mainly phase shifting or loosing one of my two Phantom for some seconds. The full reset procedure described in one of the other posts did reduce the problems significantly though. I would definitely recommend to do this should you run into troubles. My Phantoms are linked wirelessly and the Dialog is connected without AC filter.

Using an AC filter - a power bar for clean power and surge protection....this seems to generate problems so people are setting up their systems without surge protection?   Dodgy  Is no surge protection needed?   Huh Has anyone set up a Phantom stereo system for TV audio, with AC filter/surge protection for the whole system and no glitches - dropouts or strange sotware performance?  Did you go wired or wireless to achieve stability?   Did you use an Apple Airport Express or Extreeme, or what for a router?   What clean power/surge protect system? Thank you. Smile
Bring back the bass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-Nov-2015, 08:21)Adams Wrote: Bring back the bass!

Meaning you experience less bass with the new firmware?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(03-Nov-2015, 11:06)ragwo Wrote:
(03-Nov-2015, 08:21)Adams Wrote: Bring back the bass!

Meaning you experience less bass with the new firmware?

So i can say, there is nothing gone, what a foolisch thing is this?
Bluetooth, is that when you've drunk to much wine and get that discoloration?
When switching to bluetooth volume jumps to 75. Perhaps they forgot the bluetooth feature... guys, stick to wine and cheese.
Perfect balance of bass miss and highs for me Smile

I swear since the update highs are especially razor sharp

Was just listening incredulously to Burial - Burial, on Tidal, and the transients were unbelievably good!!
I thought it was just my imagination but also felt the overall presentation was more refined, a better balance in the minds and highs very pleasant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk