Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Devialet 120 drive ATC SCM40?
The latest version of ATC SCM40 in a small area
Bump...I'm interested in peoples views on this also, does anyone have any thoughts?
I did try hooking the v2 of this model up to my dev120 but I did have to turn it up quite a bit so not sure if it's a good match, sounded good though, appears to be SAM enabled now, although no graphs last time I looked...edit graphs are up now!
Devialet 120 <> Cremona Auditor M <> roon core running on my iMac via Air Ethernet with iPad/Android remote.
MQA via Tidal app also plays great but not as user friendly as have to use splashtop app to control remotely.
(22-Jan-2016, 04:17)craigyoung Wrote: Bump...I'm interested in peoples views on this also, does anyone have any thoughts?
I did try hooking the v2 of this model up to my dev120 but I did have to turn it up quite a bit so not sure if it's a good match, sounded good though, appears to be SAM enabled now, although no graphs last time I looked...edit graphs are up now!

Their rated sensitivity is 85db at a nominal 8ohm impedance (though this does not tell the whole story as not clear what impedance sinks to over the lower frequency range), so not over efficient, so IMHO will take a bit of driving with the D120. I originally tried the D200 with my Wilson Benesch ACT1s and, at a rated 86db, nominal impedance of 6ohm, the D200 coped but I felt that it did not control the speakers very well. I went for the D400 and that was a whole different ball game.

You say that you had to turn up the Amp quite a bit - what value of db were you driving it at in comparison to your existing speakers (and what are they)?
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
At listening distances of 8-10ft the answer is yes. When driving the 40 with the D120 the volume control is normally pretty close to 0 or even slightly above, say a range of -10 to +5 depending on the music and how loud we are playing.
President, Acoustic Frontiers LLC. 

Currently enjoying the music on a Devialet 200 driving a lovely pair of ATC SCM50SL crossed over at 80Hz to a JL Audio F110v2. Music sourced from an Aurender N100H, everything fed from a Torus Power RM15 and connected with Wireworld cabling.