Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
45 Day Free Trial
My phantoms have basically been unusable for streaming music following the recent firmware upgrade and I am considering taking advantage of the 45 day free trial and returning them.

I have lodged a service request with Devialet regarding the issues I am having to which they have replied with promises of being able to fix the problem but I am not going to hold my breath.

Has anyone else returned dealer purchased phantoms under the 45 day free offer, and was it a painless process?
Not all dealers support the 45 day return because Devialet asks the dealer to eat the costs...
Has anyone made use of the free trial and got all their money back? (Or more to the point not got all their money back)

The website says its 'risk-free' but then also says the products and packaging are 'evaluated' before refund. When I asked in Harrods when they first launched the trial the rep kind of smirked and said 'people don't really get back what they hoped they would, not full price anyway' or something along those lines.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Yes. I sent them back and got full price.
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2279
(15-Sep-2016, 23:11)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Has anyone made use of the free trial and got all their money back? (Or more to the point not got all their money back)

The website says its 'risk-free' but then also says the products and packaging are 'evaluated' before refund. When I asked in Harrods when they first launched the trial the rep kind of smirked and said 'people don't really get back what they hoped they would, not full price anyway' or something along those lines.

Never give up do you?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(16-Sep-2016, 09:16)NickB Wrote:
(15-Sep-2016, 23:11)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Has anyone made use of the free trial and got all their money back? (Or more to the point not got all their money back)

Never give up do you?

Nick, if you don't like my posts why don't you just add me to your ignore list rather than the constant personal remarks? Since I don't want to read your constant snide remarks, that's what I do, and it works a treat - other than when the email notifier send me your posts.

It was a genuine question, if you haven't got anything useful to add, why bother?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I returned my Phantom Devialet Silver in february without any problems. I could trace if my phantom arrived in Paris back again and got my money back in no time. Ordered the phantom through the official website. Planning on buying two again this time since the latency is going to be reduced.
The 45 day return policy works perfectly for any phantom purchased directly from Devialet in their own flagship stores or on their web site.
That's the best way to buy them.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(15-Sep-2016, 23:11)You Hifi_swlon Wrote: Has anyone made use of the free trial and got all their money back? (Or more to the point not got all their money back)

I sent mine back after one day in December 2015. No reply back for about a month finally I contacted American Express and stoped payment. 

Hg