Poll: Still Happy with your Devialet?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
91.46%
75 91.46%
NO
3.66%
3 3.66%
Still Testing
4.88%
4 4.88%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Still Happy with your Devialet?
Hi, Since 9 month i'm listening every free minute to my Dev. My friends did not see me, my family did not se me, nobody see  me. I'm just listening. Drugs work.
Devialet 250 pro ci, Linn Akurate G-Hub Nr.15 with clock upgrade, Linn G-Sneaky No.6, Pro-ject Perspektive Anniversary, Harbeth SHL5Plus, Synology DS218+, two subwoofer Canton 50k, Audioquest cable, Kimber Cable 12tc.

Germany.
I'm still happy with my Devialet -- other than the AIR which is ridiculous. SAM sounds great with my German Physics speakers. But I've moved that system to my office and I now have the Grimm as my main home system. My previous amplifier was a TACT Millennium III. I think there's really something to be said for well-implemented Class D as opposed to Class A D-ified. I guess that's what people find so exciting in the Bel Canto Black and the Mola Mola amps. There's a clarity and presence that is different.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

I'm still happy with my 120 after one year. That being said, I'm really fed up with AIR and feel that it needs to be fixed ASAP. If this was a separate DAC/streamer box with the same issues, I would've returned or sold it rather quickly.
I own a D200 for nearly a year, but I've been working with the D's from the very beginning (D'Premier). I know exactly the first time the D'Premier auditioned in front of me in the shop. Its appearance was kind of exotic, but in terms of SQ it didn't convince me at all. It sounded precise but cold and got no emotion in its musical presentation.
Several months went by and then came a firmware-update (don't recall which one exactly) and from that moment on I was lost. What an impressive refinement. I was puzzled. How can they (D's company) touch in this musicality, smoothness, easing only by updating the software. I had no clue at that time but I loved it from that moment on.
But still in these days it wasn't that easy to get the D's singing/charming. The whole system had to be designed around the D's to reveal its magic. It took some time...every time.

Nowadays things have changed quiet a  bit, but one can ever make such big mistakes when composing a system around a Devialet. To do it right you have to e.g. feed it right (best you have), no glas to put it on, never-ever, it needs a decent powercable, don't experiment with silver if it's not of the purest, Switch off every input in the configurator if you don't need it for presentation (get yourself several configcards), NO DPM-don't! You just have to choose the right components around the D's. All this little things (and there are plenty of others) sum up and if you do them all wrong you get a naughty little piggy messing around performing the all hated "digital sound".
But doing it all right you get as close to the real thing as possible. And at this state of developing I can just imagine where the D's performance will reach to, because we are in the middle of its refinement. The D's company has done wrong some significant things due to their commercial-lifestyle-appearance or just saving bucks but looking into tweakers's corner and merge own ideas we can fix some/all off them...and in the meantime I lap up every note it sends to me thru my speakers. It's marvelous.

gui.
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin