Poll: Still Happy with your Devialet?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
91.46%
75 91.46%
NO
3.66%
3 3.66%
Still Testing
4.88%
4 4.88%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Still Happy with your Devialet?
Happy with my Devialet? Yes, no doubt about it.

Happy with Devialet? Hmm, that's debatable.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(09-Nov-2015, 18:59)rwjr44 Wrote: I love it, especially with my new speakers. NOW they need to fix the Ethernet protocol.

What specifically do they need to fix for Ethernet?  (Or are you talking about AIR in general?)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I should point out that since I mainly listen to classical music and have yet to encounter a non-stupid tagging strategy for streaming audio I listen to CDs and LPs as often as streaming from the computer and qobuz.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

This friday will the the 9 month anniversary of getting my D120. After my Naim all-one I was quite dedicated to the one-box solution, and the D120 has given more musical fidelity and pleasure than I expected I could get. I listen to more music now, and get more from it.

And in my situation, the Devialet solved problems; no more grief with equipment that couldn't find the server, or the network, or find itself incapable of streaming a 128 kb/sec radio station. The blessed end of UPnP grief, and hours trying to get intelligible answers from hardware or software forums about why the problem was the fault of some other part of the system.  And yes, it was rock-solid before I added the Sonos as a streaming intermediary.

Its been simple to set up, use and update, its been flawlessly reliable, and it makes wonderful music. I do wish it came in a conventional black box, though..... just kidding about the last part.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(09-Nov-2015, 20:35)thumb5 Wrote:
(09-Nov-2015, 18:59)rwjr44 Wrote: I love it, especially with my new speakers. NOW they need to fix the Ethernet protocol.

What specifically do they need to fix for Ethernet?  (Or are you talking about AIR in general?)

When Ethernet is enabled, the Devialet puts too many packets on the line which can slow things down. I will have time to put together a slide sequence showing network traffic with Ethernet enabled and disabled. I will post the results here and slso send them to Devialet.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
NOT happy with Air, which is my only option atm. Bought a Devialet to stream and just can't get it to work properly. So voted no for now.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Bought mine in late 2013 (originally a D170) and still very very happy (also ex-Naim). After some minor repositioning of the speakers a few months ago, it's been continuous musical enjoyment everytime.

No plans to upgrade anything in the near future.
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
Thanks for confirming that, rwjr44. I had my suspicions that my network was being flooded by my D120, but I'm a novice with Wireshark. Glad to see that "It's not me... it's You (Devialet)." I surmised that it was always polling for the presence of an Air Streamer.
I've just crossed over from D120 to Phantoms as my main source... after what I considered a VERY close contest between them for my affections.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Extremely happy with my 800 and now with an Aurender X100 it is for me outstanding. Go back to Naim? no chance.
Cheers,
Bill
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(10-Nov-2015, 16:48)wwm Wrote: Extremely happy with my 800 and now with an Aurender X100 it is for me outstanding. Go back to Naim? no chance.
Cheers,
Bill

Hi Bill, great to hear that you still love your 800.  I know its off-thread but I wondered whether you have heard the new WB Endeavours yet?  I was sent an invitation to hear to them and to meet Craig and Christina but was sadly unable to go.  Cheers, Philip
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)