Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
last mile ethernet
Off topic: the P3 is powerful enough for the Devialet, it's very efficient and uses little power. I even power my subwoofer, Anti-Mode DC 2.0 and music server with it as well and never go much above 108 watts total. Don't forget the power plants have built in power reserves (and our Devialet's and other equipment have as well) and it actually lowers the impedance compared to wall power/power filters. Only driving a power plant on or near it's limits can restrict performance. (edit: Philou's beat me to it with his post, the last post on the previous page Smile)

On topic: like Rufus wrote before as well you'd need to have a resolving system to hear the differences with ethernet cables. The Devialet is resolving enough but other factors are of course at play as well like our room/acoustics, our own hearing limitations and our system make-up as a whole. And once you've heard it, it's hard to go back. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Yes, the P3 is plenty. While I'm sure the Devialet can pull more across transients, the P3 never shows more than about 150watts, and that's for both the Devialet 250 and my iMac together!

I find the P3 makes a substantial improvement over AC from the wall, but that may be in part because power from the wall in San Francisco is less than clean and often dips to as low as 104v.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.