Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soundcare Superspikes (Self-adhesive version)
Today, I put the Soundcare Superspikes under my Le200, 2 at the back and 1 at the front. I have them inverted with the small central metal on the bottom. The result is remarkable. Soundstage is bigger, bass is so much extended that I have to turn my SAM level to 0, clarity is at pinpoint accuracy. Background is so much darker to the point any poor recordings will be clearly highlighted.

This is the cheapest tweak that I see discernible improvement. My 5-Star recommendation.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(16-Nov-2015, 13:12)hk6230 Wrote: Today, I put the Soundcare Superspikes under my Le200, 2 at the back and 1 at the front. I have them inverted with the small central metal on the bottom. The result is remarkable. Soundstage is bigger, bass is so much extended that I have to turn my SAM level to 0, clarity is at pinpoint accuracy. Background is so much darker to the point any poor recordings will be clearly highlighted.

This is the cheapest tweak that I see discernible improvement. My 5-Star recommendation.

Hello, hk6230. Interesting. I am not familiar with Soundcare Superspikes. Exactly what model of Soundcare Superspikes you are using and how much would it cost. Thanks.
I'm using their threaded Standard version underneath my ProAc Response D30R floorstanding speakers.

I haven't noticed any change in sound (good or bad) but I can now safely move my speakers around without scratching my beautiful wood floors!
(16-Nov-2015, 13:59)G51 Wrote: Hello, hk6230. Interesting. I am not familiar with Soundcare Superspikes. Exactly what model of Soundcare Superspikes you are using and how much would it cost. Thanks.

Hi G51, I'm using their entry-level kit with self-adhesive 3M stickers (though, I don't use them). My cost is USD52 for 4, bought online during the Single-Day Sale in China.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Thanks, hk6230.