Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
Sigh...gotta go and check my lottery tickets... Confused
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(25-Nov-2015, 22:04)Confused Wrote: I also wonder how much a retrofit of the PEM and new class D board would be?  I might be wrong, but I'm sure these are not the most expensive part of the innards?

Well I think the most expensive part is the chassis itself, some of the off-the-shelf internal electronics when bought individually don't cost much at all. For example the current PEM costs just a few quid!

My guess is that the new class D amp will make its way into the Expert line up at some point next year, possibly a gen 2 machine in time for Munich. But I have absolutely no info so this is pure conjecture. It's also possible that the Original d'Atelier will remain the only model capable of 900Wrms into 6 ohms in the Expert range.

The Origine d'Atelier is evidently a statement product, given that it is signed by Pierre-Emmanuel Calmel, so it's possible it will always have a performance advantage over the rest of the range. I'm certainly looking forward to hearing it!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Not that I am particularly superstitious but I hope our demo one isn't No.013.

I think No.007 would be more appropriate given Jon's ladykiller charm and my high-functioning alcoholism.

Alasdair
(26-Nov-2015, 18:07)oxfordaudio Wrote: Not that I am particularly superstitious but I hope our demo one isn't No.013.

I think No.007 would be more appropriate given Jon's ladykiller charm and my high-functioning alcoholism.

Alasdair

Yes but when you switch SAM on are you shaken or stirred?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I see it yet from different angle. I think 'Golden edition' is launched to revive and revitalize the product line which has reached plateau phase.
To me it indicates Devialet current model has reached its mid-life/maturity stage in a product cycle.

I've been wondering what time they will come up with new Expert line. To me this hints it may happen in 2-3 year horizon time .
MacBook Air->plain USB cable->Devialet 250 (upgraded d-Premier)->Vivid Audio Giya G2.
Also keeping my old beloved MBL 126
Costviewer, agree with you. In fact, I once spoke with julien (head of apac) he mentioned that they think of the product cycle in 5 years. As the le120,200 were launched around 2012/2013, devialet expert are having their midlife crisis - a golden original d'atelier definitely helps
Surprisingly already in Australia.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/1...-datelier/
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX
They launched it in China, too.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

To me the Original d'Atelier is simply something to bring the Expert range back into the lime light

Devialet has been pushing the Phantoms so hard lately that inevitably the Expert has been over shadowed
The shinny new range topper sure looks lovely back in the spotlight
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(27-Nov-2015, 06:39)hk6230 Wrote: They launched it in China, too.

With that finish They should sell it very quickly All Items in China nad Dubai.