Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR crashing computer
I'm getting blue screens of death with the following message lately:
DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (AirAudiDriver.sys)

I'm using AIR ethernet with foobar (WASAPI mode).
Jus did a recent clean Windows 10 install (which seems to have fixed my white noise problem).
Yet these crashed still occur. Most of the time when not working on the computer.
The crashes also occurred on my previous Win8.1 install by the way.
I swiched to USB for now, but I prefer the SQ of AIR.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Yup. That's what happens - there seems to be no logic to it at all.

My system (Win10/NUC) reboots itself, and after about 30 seconds I can start playing music again.

Meantime, FWIW, I found that having the PC as close to the Dev as possible (minimising the network latency ?) seems to reduce the chance of this happening (Having my PC connect via 2 x gigabit switches from upstairs was unusable, but via 1 switch and short cables it is not too bad)

Maybe when Devialet have finished gold-plating their amplifiers they might spend some time on fixing AIR.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Hi

I was having this problem soon after updating to Windows 10 but it's now ok.

Have you got all the latest updates to Windows? The other thing to try might be to disable Windows defender, that's about the only tweak I have on mine and it's now crash free.

Cheers

Chris
My computer is connected to the router by WiFi.
I might try and use a network cable later this week and see if that changes anything.
White noise would occur with or without a network cable though.
But it's worth the test.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(22-Nov-2015, 22:10)Chris Marshall Wrote: Hi

Have you got all the latest updates to Windows?  The other thing to try might be to disable Windows defender, that's about the only tweak I have on mine and it's now crash free.

Cheers

Chris

Windows Defender is on, yeah.
I'll turn it off right away. Thanks for the tip!
Been playing music 24/7 and so far had only one crash (with the music paused in foobar even).
Would have preferred no crash at all, but it's not as bad as it used to be.
I'll keep on testing and report here...
I had one crash this week but my pc was having some trouble with the big windows 10 update so I don't know if I can blame Air or not. I got it to update ok after 3 attempts and it's been ok again since.
Great Chris, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well!
(22-Nov-2015, 22:19)Cylob Wrote:
(22-Nov-2015, 22:10)Chris Marshall Wrote: Hi

Have you got all the latest updates to Windows?  The other thing to try might be to disable Windows defender, that's about the only tweak I have on mine and it's now crash free.

Cheers

Chris

Windows Defender is on, yeah.
I'll turn it off right away. Thanks for the tip!

I think the crashing AIR computer in Windows 10 is a problem in the virtual memory page. When starting from a clean install no problem, but after a few days the crash begins. The solution is relatively simple, just clear the virtual memory page, and this can be done automatically when shutting down your computer.
The link is detailed explanation on how to proceed.

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-8/clear...puter.html

Windows 10 is equal.

Good luck.
Roksan Radius 5.2/ROON/GB-BXi7H/Devialet 400/Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Done! Thanks for the tip.
I did have one crash in the past week, but wasn't working at my computer,
so couldn't see if I got the Air related blue screen like in the screenshot above.
Hopefully crashfree now with this fix. Cheers!