Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy 400 user - upgrade from 200
Upgrade from 200 to 400.  Improvement in every aspects.  Really happy!
FFYX turntable Soundsmith Boheme Cartridge
Rockna Wavedream Net CD / File player
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

In Shanghai or HK?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(23-Nov-2015, 11:54)hk6230 Wrote: In Shanghai or HK?

In Hong Kong.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

Congratulations Elo I too have the D400 ....not cheap but well worth the upgrade !
Congratulations to you too egg1dog. Yes, not cheap but it worths every penny spent. Cheers!
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

Hey Elo and others..

instead of starting a new thread i thought that i would ask the question here..

i have a D200 on the way to me.. but after reading in this forum i want to upgrade to D400 by buying a slave D200.

Am i totally stupid to buy a extra 200 without even hearing if the upgrade is nessasary..?

my speakers are Audiovectors SR6 's Avantgarde Arreté's, and they are rated to 450 watts in 8 ohms...
(23-Dec-2015, 09:49)TDA Wrote: Hey Elo and others..

i have a D200 on the way to me.. but after reading in this forum i want to upgrade to D400 by buying a slave D200.

Am i totally stupid to buy a extra 200 without even hearing if the upgrade is nessasary..?

my speakers are Audiovectors SR6 's Avantgarde Arreté's, and they are rated to 450 watts in 8 ohms...

I am not sure what kind of answers you are expecting to such a personal and subjective question.  No one but you can judge whether the difference in sound made by adding a companion 200 to your system in your listening room will justify the additional cost.

If you haven't yet even received your 200, why not at least listen to that first, get to know it, and decide whether you like it.  Then get a home demonstration of the 400 to see whether it is a significant enough improvement for you to make it worth buying.  Of course, if you want to just spend the money without listening first, that's entirely up to you.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm pouring cold water on your enthusiasm.  You'll find plenty of posts on this forum from people (including me) who have switched from 200 to 400 and are very happy with the upgrade.  I would never describe it as "necessary", though!  Whether that has any bearing on your decision is again entirely up to you.

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(23-Dec-2015, 10:50)thumb5 Wrote:
(23-Dec-2015, 09:49)TDA Wrote: Hey Elo and others..

I am not sure what kind of answers you are expecting to such a personal and subjective question.  No one but you can judge whether the difference in sound made by adding a companion 200 to your system in your listening room will justify the additional cost.

If you haven't yet even received your 200, why not at least listen to that first, get to know it, and decide whether you like it.  Then get a home demonstration of the 400 to see whether it is a significant enough improvement for you to make it worth buying.  Of course, if you want to just spend the money without listening first, that's entirely up to you.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm pouring cold water on your enthusiasm.  You'll find plenty of posts on this forum from people (including me) who have switched from 200 to 400 and are very happy with the upgrade.  I would never describe it as "necessary", though!  Whether that has any bearing on your decision is again entirely up to you.

Ian

Hey Ian

thanks for you honest reply. i know that i cannot let a decision like that depend on forum answers..

i will use my ears and make my own decision.
Hello TDA

I think you will realise you made a smart choice once you listened to D400. Don't worry. Happy listening.
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

(27-Dec-2015, 02:52)elo Wrote: Hello TDA

I think you will realise you made a smart choice once you listened to D400.  Don't worry.  Happy listening.

Hey Elo

I will soon find out.. Look at my signature now  Smile Thanks by the Way