Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet cable Computer direct to a Devialet
If your music playback PC/Mac with AIR installed only has one network interface (so in this case ethernet and no WiFi) you can't use a mobile control point. If your machine has WiFi it's not wise to give the playback machine or the Devialet the same IP address as your router as this router will route the commands from WiFi to the playback machine. Always use unique IP addresses for every connected machine on the same network/subnet.

So when you use subnet 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 for example you'll configure something like:

router: 192.168.1.254
playback machine ethernet: 192.168.1.10
playback machine WiFi: 192.168.1.11
Devialet: 192.168.1.20
mobile control point: 192.168.1.30

Be careful though you don't overlap with your routers DHCP server range as that will issue IP addresses automatically to other machines on your network from a certain fixed range, for example 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.200. When IP addresses clash you'll run into issues, guaranteed!
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Cheers, Antoine!

I couldn't get that to work when I tried earlier (using Mac mini), but I'll try again this evening.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Good luck Matt!

You could BTW also let DHCP handle the issuing of IP addresses to the WiFi interface of both your playback machine and mobile control point. The only addresses you'll have to set manually to a fixed IP address not used by other equipment are those of your (WiFi and/or internet) router(s) and the ethernet interfaces of both the playback machine and the Devialet.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Dear Kunter, thanks a lot for the directions. with it, setting it up was like a breeze.

i've basically done the same for Mac and here it was. One thing I noticed, when I did select wifi or ethernet on the devialet air (running on the mac), Devialet - the unit itself - switched automatically between wifi and ethernet. pretty cool.

Unfortunately the same does not happen when you toggle the source straight from Devialet...
Does the above mean that one could setup a network between MacMini and Devialet (e.g. 192.168.0.x) with a direct Ethernet cable and also use the wifi on the Devialet on another network (e.g. 192.168.1.x) in order to be able to connect to the MacMini via the home network? Or does the Ethernet connection on the MacMini and the wifi on the MacMini have to be on the same network?
My MacMini is without keyboard and monitor; I connect via a laptop through VNC. I find the direct connection interesting because it seems to get rid of the drop-outs, but I also need remote access to the MacMini.
You can have them all on the same network (192.168.0.x). It all comes down to how you configure your network. I have my pcs, Devialet, mac, ipad and iphone on the same network. One pc, mac and devialet using cables, the rest wireless on the same subnet. No problems playing wireless or wired. My home network is build up by: a router running dhcp server, two switches and an AP (as a bridge).
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
This drop-outs when connected via wifi is an issue. I tried to use my macmini without a monitor and it turns out I need to click devialet-wifi from the upper right hand of the screen once in a while. Did anyone find a permanent solution to this - or is it just me?
(06-Jun-2014, 21:21)PeterS Wrote: Does the above mean that one could setup a network between MacMini and Devialet (e.g. 192.168.0.x) with a direct Ethernet cable and also use the wifi on the Devialet on another network (e.g. 192.168.1.x) in order to be able to connect to the MacMini via the home network? Or does the Ethernet connection on the MacMini and the wifi on the MacMini have to be on the same network?
My MacMini is without keyboard and monitor; I connect via a laptop through VNC. I find the direct connection interesting because it seems to get rid of the drop-outs, but I also need remote access to the MacMini.

Yes you could set it up this way (separate subnet for WiFi and wired ethernet) but you will loose the AIR control app functionality this way. All in the same subnet will indeed work as well. The advantage to a direct connection is that there is no other equipment in between in both an an 'electrical' way and the Devialet will also not receive any network traffic from other machines connected to the network it isn't interested in. But if this contributes to any real improvements in sound quality? I really don't know, although it would be a 'purists way'. Smile

The Netherlands
Hello, if the network is on DHCP can be after the devices have connected in the router the following option: "device always the same IP assign". Thus, collisions can be avoided. Have these settings chosen, and no problems with WiFi and LAN Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria