Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding second d200
Maybe this link to the Devialet site will help as well:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...i-room-etc-

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...50-400-800
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Thanks again.

I do not read French and had already found the user guide page, but even though a heading says English the pdf's are in French. The other link is just what I was looking for. Not sure how my search missed it, but great to find.
Hello all,

After some traveling I am back attempting set up of dual mono.

I have done something wrong. I get dev1 calling itself d400 and master. I get music from its channel. Dev2 comes on with an acknowledgement of 400status and then turns off. Dev2 works in stereo but embarrassingly many reconfigurations gives the same result, dev2 comes on, displays 400 then turns off.

Any ideas?

Thanks
(04-Dec-2015, 04:25)baddog Wrote: Authorize one remote to control the units.

Am I right in assuming that you have two remotes? If so, you can specify 2 remotes in the relevant section of the configurator.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(08-Apr-2016, 06:24)Zorbon Wrote: Hello all,

I have done something wrong. I get dev1 calling itself d400 and master. I get music from its channel.  Dev2 comes on with an acknowledgement of 400status and then turns off.  Dev2 works in stereo but embarrassingly many reconfigurations gives the same result, dev2 comes on, displays 400 then turns off.

Any ideas?

Thanks

What happens if you push the on/off button at the top of the remote, do both units turn on, in turn do they then both turn off?

I ask because of this scenario:

I have both of my Devialets connected to a power conditioner.

I turn on the Power conditioner sending power to the D400.

Both units power up, displays on both units turn on,  however then the master goes into standby ( panel dimmed ) and the slave display turns off completely. I then push the "on" button on the remote and both units fully power on.

But also to ensure I understand your question, are you saying that when you playback music it is coming from both units?

Can you share a screenshot of your configuration?

How are you connecting the two units together?

And what do you have as inputs configured for the D400?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(08-Apr-2016, 06:24)Zorbon Wrote: Hello all,

I have done something wrong. I get dev1 calling itself d400 and master. I get music from its channel.  Dev2 comes on with an acknowledgement of 400status and then turns off.  Dev2 works in stereo but embarrassingly many reconfigurations gives the same result, dev2 comes on, displays 400 then turns off.

Any ideas?

Thanks

According to Devialet Support as long as they both turn on and are both working (sound from both speakers) this is normal. My Companion has no display when you power both units off with the remote.
Devialet D400
Wilson Sasha
Onkyo Cd transport via aes/ebu
Direct Drive Turntable Micro Benz Gold MC Cartridge
2 x Shunyata Sigma Digital Power Cord
Transparent Super MM2 Speaker Cable
Hello and thanks for the info.

Taking replies in reverse order.

I get no sound from the slave, also I would assume boths displays would go off when you turn the amps off.

My power is conditioned by PS Audio Quintet. After turning on the Quintet, I push the button on for dev1, master, it comes on displays 400 and Master. No activity on dev2. When I push the button on dev2, slave, it comes on displays s1 config, then 400 and the display turns off. Since I have no sound from dev2 I assume the amp and not just the display is off and yes my speaker cables are correctly configured, odd but correctly. No music or sound from dev2. Dev2 will work fine configured and used alone as a stereo amp. Once both amps have powered up dev1 continues to keep its display on, dev2 display off, no sound, and no reaction to pressing button on the unit. Cannot send config data now as away from any machine with sdcard function. I use digital cable for connection. I have USB, Ethernet, Wifi, digital, and line in configured on the master and none on the slave.

Yes I have two remotes I will try to use one on thedev2, slave, after anew configuration.

Yesterday I called Devialet in France, I am in Thailand, and was promised a call back in 30 minutes, still waiting.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
[attachment=1095 Wrote:Zorbon pid='38687' dateline='1460165719']Snip, snip....

My power is conditioned by PS Audio Quintet.  After turning on the Quintet,  I push the button on for dev1, master, it comes on displays 400 and Master.  No activity on dev2.  When I push the button on dev2, slave, it comes on displays s1 config, then 400 and the display turns off. Since I have no sound from dev2 I assume the amp and not just the display is off and yes my speaker cables are correctly configured, odd but correctly.  No music or sound from dev2.  Dev2 will work fine configured and used alone as a stereo amp.  Once both amps have powered up dev1 continues to keep its display on, dev2 display off, no sound, and no reaction to pressing button on the unit.  Cannot send config data now as away from any machine with sdcard function. I use digital cable for connection.  I have USB, Ethernet, Wifi, digital, and line in configured on the master and none on the slave.

...snip, snip
Hello - Are you using the digital cable supplied by Devialet when you purchased the D400? Do you have another cable you could try instead?

Is this how your configuration is setup? Note the setup for speakers ( set to Mono ) and connection of the digital cable between the two units.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SXSW, US
I have 2 full d200's and no supplied cable. I have tried different cables without success.

Yes that looks like my configuration, I will have to check later to be sure, but I think that is it.

I have probably missed something obvious, just not obvious yet.

Thanks
Well make sure speakers are set to mono. Make sure the connection is from digital to digital as shown in picture if you as using an SPDIF cable, which is what is required for that connection as illustrated. And RCA/RCA cable that you might use to hook up turntable or output form a CDPLAYER into the Line Input on the Devialet is not the right cable.

I assume you have made a configuration for each Devialet, save them to a separate SD card and load each to the respective Devialet? Thus you would not use the same configuration file for both units ( yes I know, obvious question ).

Maybe try creating a new configuration from scratch and then downloading a new configuration for each D200?

But I do wonder about the cable you are using to connect the two together? Can you check what you are using when you have a moment?
SXSW, US