Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding second d200
The cable is one from the distributor, no name. I will try other digital cables.

I have made many, many, sdcard configs from scratch and will try again. Yes the config for each unit is different, one master one slave.

thanks and I welcome all suggestions including the obvious.
Some more crazy ideas. Are they both running the same version of firmware? What version of firmware are they running

How about this - reconfigure them from scratch but this time make the companion the master and the master the companion and see if the results are different?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Both running 9.01.

Today I will reverse master and slave config and try another cable, again.

thanks
Hey I know one way to reverse the configuration is two just pull the SD cards from the two units, and reverse them into the other units. That is certainly the quickest route, and I would suggest that you first reboot each Devialet without the SD cards in them. Then shutdown and reverse the cards.

However if that fails to cure the situation, or the use of another cable. Then as a last thing I can think of, create a new configuration on each SD card for the reversed units.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
This might be stating the obvious? However, the behaviour does look consistent with having the incorrect master / companion link set in the configurator vs the method you are actually using. i.e. the configurator shows the link as SPDIF to AES/EBU whereas you are actually connecting SPDIF to SPDIF (or the other way around). What happens then is the companion notices it is not been fed a signal and shuts off.

Whatever the issues is I wish you luck sorting out! I know form experience how frustrating stuff like this is.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
The only time I had this problem was after a firmware upgrade. Are both Devialets running the same software version? If so I would recommend upgrading both again and then retry with new config files as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
As per suggestions, i switched master to slave, now dev1 that is now slave makes no sound. Changed to a newish low mid range digital cable, no difference no sound from dev1 which is now the slave. I now have enough time in this to go to school as an electrical engineer with a specialty in digital signal transfer and then build two Devialet amps from scratch.

I will start over, flash the firmware and redo both configs. I am mostly sure I have done something wrong in configuration. My set up matches the diagrams in the configurator.
Can you post a picture of the digital cable you are using and the brand/model name?

Can you post also a picture of your configuration from the Devialet site?

It has to be something in the connections or configuration.

At least you have your sense of humor...Smile
SXSW, US
I am no longer in Thailand with my Deviates, I have come to Macao and
Hong Kong to avoid Thailand's New Year celebration called Songkran. In my part of Thailand, by a popular ocean beach town, hooligans and worse shoot folks on motorbikes and all others with polluted water often polluted further by their gross additions to the trash cans full of water they use to fill their water cannons. I never saw a water cannon before. A holiday celebration well worth a trip away.

So I will in 10 days return to the embarrassing wrestle I am experiencing with setting up dual mono.

I want to say that I am uber pleased with all the help and I am covinced I SHALL PREVAIL AND WRESTLE THE DEVIATES INTO SUBMISSION!
hello gang back from my yearly travels to avoid the madness in my area known as Songkran.

I looked at my two d200 and the many helpful messages from this forum and I decided one more time before I decide that d200 will play solo. I took everything out of the rack. I reformatted my SD cards, redownloaded and reflashed the latest firmware to both, redid configurations in le configurator, checked the configurations with suggestions here, changed to MS browser so I could download the configurations to SD card, downloaded the latest Win 10 stuff, re booted, turned off many running processes, replaced the d200's in the rack, attached them correctly with my best digital cable, removed and reattached my speaker cables according to the configuration diagram, ate no meat all day, brushed my teeth twice, respectfully said every one of the few words I could remember from years of French lessons, said my prayers, plugged them in and

MUSIC!

Thanks everyone my d200 are a duet. I do not have a clue as to what I did different after more retries then I would admit to, hours of frustration, but now music. I must live with the frustration of not knowing what I was doing wrong, but hey they are working.

Ok it also sounds better. Cognitive dissonance perhaps? Nah, they sound better. On my Golden Ear Triton 2 speakers, borrowed form the AV system there is a small improvement in clarity and dynamics, not worth the cost. On my Golden Ear Triton 1, also borrowed from the AV system, there is more improvement then I would have expected with this built in sub woofer having speakers. Found again more dynamics and clarity but also an ease to the music delivery that I have trouble describing but no trouble hearing. I just listened for a day, enjoying these speakers more than ever before. However, d400 cost to benefit with these speakers would take considerable pondering. Yes better, but enough for the cost?

WAIT, I JUST SAID I LISTENED FOR A DAY. YUP WITH AIR2.13 and no problems for the first time, no white noise wow. What is going on here?

Next up was a my loved AE1's. They had the woofers refoamed by AE dealer about a year ago and seem very much on song. I had listened to them before with a single d200 and SAM and was amazed at what SAM added to these tiny, what 3 or 4 inch woofer mini monitors. Shocking bass from these speakers but at any realistic volume the limiter kicked in and the d200 shut down. Fun for a single track demo where visitors would look around for the sub, but not a practical solution. Now with d400 they play much longer before the shut down, but shut down they still do. However, if I keep the volume a bit under my usual, I was able to listen for hours and I did. Laughing and giggling at these mini monitors sounding like floor standing speakers with decent woofage size. As these can be a little hot I usually listen with the covers, grills, whatever. but now I wanted to see the tiny woofer bouncing madly to make bass and I was not gentle. Bella Fleck's Flight of the Cosmic Hippo was even well handled. I had never heard these speakers sound so good and while the bass was most obvious, they benefitted from the extra power throughout their range. Again I listened for hours, yes folks HOURs with Air, mostly red book but a few 24/96 and NO, zero, nada problems. Ultimately the d400 shut down due, I believe, to SAM protection limiting, that and less dynamics then I want in my system so the AE1's returned to the living/dining room with Naim gear and my wife happily back at the helm.

Next up were my Wilson Audio Watt/puppy 5.1. I love these speakers and every aspect of my love seemed enhanced by the d400. Dynamics, air, space, breadth and depth of soundstage, and that still hard for me to explain ease. The music seemed to emanate from the speakers without effort. One major problem remains is the 50 to 70 hertz hump and bloom. My room is too square and with tile over concrete floors and stuccoed brick walls, I need do more than I already have to tame the boom. Maybe the Dev's tone controls can help? I only got an hour or so in, so today more listening and then an attempt with the aging Apogee speakers. But at this level the addition of a second d200 is looking like the right move.

Thanks for all the help!

(10-Apr-2016, 10:38)Zorbon Wrote: I am no longer in Thailand with my Deviates, I have come to Macao and
Hong Kong to avoid Thailand's New Year celebration called Songkran. In my part of Thailand, by a popular ocean beach town, hooligans and worse shoot folks on motorbikes and all others with polluted water often polluted further by their gross additions to the trash cans full of water they use to fill their water cannons. I never saw a water cannon before. A holiday celebration well worth a trip away.

So I will in 10 days return to the embarrassing wrestle I am experiencing with setting up dual mono.

I want to say that I am uber pleased with all the help and I am covinced I SHALL PREVAIL AND WRESTLE THE DEVIATES INTO SUBMISSION!