Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused about dual-mono setup
Hi,

I am thinking about moving from 200 to 400 in a dual-mono setup, but is confused about how an analog input should be configured. Shall I connect the R channel of, say my phono, to the 200 which is responsible to drive the R channel speaker? I mean, similar to a usual setup of using mono blocks? For digital connection, if I connect it to the companion unit, is it the companion unit will send the other channel signal back to the master?

Cheers,
(01-Dec-2015, 11:16)Lonely_Fool Wrote: Hi,

I am thinking about moving from 200 to 400 in a dual-mono setup, but is confused about how an analog input should be configured. Shall I connect the R channel of, say my phono, to the 200 which is responsible to drive the R channel speaker? I mean, similar to a usual setup of using mono blocks? For digital connection, if I connect it to the companion unit, is it the companion unit will send the other channel signal back to the master?

Cheers,
Hi

No all connections are via the Master amplifier, you only connect to the slave unit if you run out of available connections on the master unit. I may have a companion for sale!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers