Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any concerns with stacking 400's
Hello All,
Just sending off the cheque for a set of 400's...arriving in a few weeks.  Needless to say, very excited.  Are there concerns with stacking the units or is this the typical arrangement for most users?  
I note the ad copy often shows them one on top of the other.  If stacking is fine would one take precedence over the other?  Master on top...etc.  Will they overheat or is this the design intent? Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Wdw
(04-Dec-2015, 18:29)Wdw Wrote: Hello All,
Just sending off the cheque for a set of 400's...arriving in a few weeks.  Needless to say, very excited.  Are there concerns with stacking the units or is this the typical arrangement for most users?  
I note the ad copy often shows them one on top of the other.  If stacking is fine would one take precedence over the other?  Master on top...etc.  Will they overheat or is this the design intent? Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Wdw

Hi,

I stacked mine from the beginning but due to space restraints. Changed equipment table and the placed them side by side and I noticed some deg C less for both units. Having them side by side gives the possibility to have footers for each unit which these units really need. I would recommend Ansuz Darkz feet, they make so much difference that their price will seem like a bargain despite their high cost. Guillaume can give good witness about these feet under his D800 units.

Best/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(05-Dec-2015, 01:01)Mikeeo Wrote:
Cheers,
Wdw

Hi,

I stacked mine from the beginning but due to space restraints. Changed equipment table and the placed them side by side and I noticed some deg C less for both units. Having them side by side gives the possibility to have footers for each unit which these units really need. I would recommend Ansuz Darkz feet, they make so much difference that their price will seem like a bargain despite their high cost. Guillaume can give good witness about these feet under his D800 units.

Best/Mike

Mike,
many thanks for yout thoughts....I have a number of Nordost Sort Kones and was planning to investigate their use but will invertigate Ansuz.  Still a couple of weeks away til the monos cross the threshold.
Warren
Cheers,
Wdw

I stacked them in the beginning but after 2 days, I found the temperature is quite warm high and not feeling comfortable with it. Finally put them separately in different level.
FFYX turntable Soundsmith Boheme Cartridge
Rockna Wavedream Net CD / File player
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

Our D400 finally arrived today...units are cold and surely need some time to break-in but the sound straight out of the box is extraordinary. We are very excited. If looking for an excellent dealer in Canada send me a PM.
Best to all for the New Year
Wow! Enjoy, Wdw. And a happy & musical new year to you too!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)