Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Store will sell Devialet Phantom
I stopped by the Michigan Ave Apple store in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. They had one silver ans one white Phantom. IT was the first time I saw them and I have to say the silver looked cheap to me. Actually I thought the plastic finish looks cheap on both white and silver phantoms. They also had a couple of remotes and dialogues.

Both were playing in mono along side a bunch of other boxes by beats, etc. Could not judge the sound as the sore was very loud. One Apple guy approached me and told me Devialet sent a rep to the store to showcase the Phantoms to the reps. Also they had to change the package to remove the semi-nude women and men smoking a cigarette, which I thought was very funny.

The guy I talked to had no idea about all the software reliability issues with phantom/dialogue. I then asked him ho many they had sold and he said he though none had been sold. I know the store had the phantoms for a t least a month on display.

Does not look like the partnership is working very well at this point.
(17-Feb-2016, 19:20)qanda Wrote: Also they had to change the package to remove the semi-nude women and men smoking a cigarette, which I thought was very funny.

Haha funny yeah! If they change it into people with guns it will be fine though I guess. Only in America...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)