Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buy two Phantoms, Get a Free Turntable!
Just arrived in my inbox. Don't know much about this Turntable, other than it comes with an Optical output. Nothing about the spec, but can't be that great with a 379 Euro price tag.

Holidays special:
Purchase 2 PHANTOMS,
get a free extraordinary turntable.

Enjoy your vinyl collection with the best sound in the world.
The Pro-Ject Essential Digital II, of audiophile quality, is the first turntable designed for Devialet. 
Connect it directly to your PHANTOM and enjoy vinyl emotions.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
From HiFi Pig -> http://hifipig.com/pro-ject-essential-ii...turntable/

The normal Essential TT is considered very good for its price as are all Pro-ject TTs. Here is a review from What Hi Fi which IMHO is a bit gracious when reviewing of British equipment BUT when taken with a grain of salt the reviews provide a reader with valuable insight. www.whathifi.com/pro-ject/essential-ii/review
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(09-Dec-2015, 18:19)rwjr44 Wrote: From HiFi Pig -> http://hifipig.com/pro-ject-essential-ii...turntable/

The normal Essential TT is considered very good for its price as are all Pro-ject TTs. Here is a review from What Hi Fi which IMHO is a bit gracious when reviewing of British equipment BUT when taken with a grain of salt the reviews provide a reader with valuable insight. www.whathifi.com/pro-ject/essential-ii/review

Thanks - helpful review. I wasn't trying to be disparaging about the turntable, btw, I think it's great that Devialet are promoting vinyl as part of their digital solution. Though maybe "Extraordinary" is pushing it a bit!
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
(09-Dec-2015, 18:19)rwjr44 Wrote: From HiFi Pig -> http://hifipig.com/pro-ject-essential-ii...turntable/

Pro-ject turntables are made in Austria.....
I find Devialet promotional policy disconcerting... What messages are they sending to the loyal customer who bought full price 2 phantoms 3 months ago?!?
(09-Dec-2015, 18:50)Confused Wrote:

I stand corrected. My apologies to What HiFi.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I must admit that by the time we got to December this year, I was expecting that the story would be one of waiting lists for the Phantom. Which would mean no discounts or offers. However, what we are now seeing is quite a nice little offer in the run up to Christmas. Does anyone know what the production rate is for the Phantoms? It does kind of look like they are not quite hitting sales targets? Another point that occurs to me, looking at the email for the offer, you get a free TT when you order, no mention of the 45 day trial. So is this a way to get people to commit outright to a purchase, rather than take the trial?

I must admit that I do have sympathy for GTX and others who have just purchased a pair, but this does happen, you buy something then it gets discounted, a higher spec model is announced or whatever. It happens, but yes, it is still annoying, especially when the company you have just bought from sends you the new deal by email with "only before Christmas" in it's title. Merry Christmas from Devialet, but we've already got your money, ho, ho, ho. That would annoy me, that's for sure.

well, the founder and owner is an Austrian. The TTs are produced in the Czech Republic.
(10-Dec-2015, 10:21)Confused Wrote: I must admit that by the time we got to December this year, I was expecting that the story would be one of waiting lists for the Phantom.  Which would mean no discounts or offers.  However, what we are now seeing is quite a nice little offer in the run up to Christmas.  Does anyone know what the production rate is for the Phantoms?  It does kind of look like they are not quite hitting sales targets?  Another point that occurs to me, looking at the email for the offer, you get a free TT when you order, no mention of the 45 day trial.  So is this a way to get people to commit outright to a purchase, rather than take the trial?

I must admit that I do have sympathy for GTX and others who have just purchased a pair, but this does happen, you buy something then it gets discounted, a higher spec model is announced or whatever.  It happens, but yes, it is still annoying, especially when the company you have just bought from sends you the new deal by email with "only before Christmas" in it's title.  Merry Christmas from Devialet, but we've already got your money, ho, ho, ho.  That would annoy me, that's for sure.

Exactly. Devialet keep on sending me Phantom offers, discounted, freebies, when I bought direct from them months ago.

In fact, following that they promised me a free trial of Tidal which never materialised.

Informed marketing!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(10-Dec-2015, 14:55)Mohmm Wrote:

well, the founder and owner is an Austrian. The TTs are produced in the Czech Republic.

An article in one of the HiFi mags visited the factory in Litovel, Czech Republic.
The company is registered and based in Austria.
Czech labour rates are lower.