Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sensibly-priced mains cable upgrades (<£200/€300)?
i used to trial a few power cords, some are hit or miss.

After all, i revert to use power cords from a local guy who makes tube amps and cables.
It has good synergy with my Devialet and power conditioners.
It cost around 100 Euro after currency conversion. i am not sure whether he ships overseas though.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
Rodney Gold, good post about using an inverter/batteries. One to one isolating transformers is another approach to reduce noise from the mains. IMO your money is much better spent on one of these methods before investing in expensive mains cables. Cables do make a difference but it is best to start with mains quality first.
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio
(27-Dec-2015, 00:40)Robert Wrote: Rodney Gold, good post about using an inverter/batteries. One to one isolating transformers is another approach to reduce noise from the mains. IMO your money is much better spent on one of these methods before investing in expensive mains cables. Cables do make a difference but it is best to start with mains quality first.

i use isolation transformer on Devialet and the improvement is significant.

i took a splash on it a few months back and once it was in my hifi system, there is no heading back.
Quieter background, more details, improve dynamics and tighter bass... Big Grin
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
Try Vincent Viard at Viard Audio, excellent mains cables although the plugs and IEC's can be bettered (at a later date when funds permit)
(03-Jan-2016, 13:10)Nemal1 Wrote: Try Vincent Viard at Viard Audio, excellent mains cables although the plugs and IEC's can be bettered (at a later date when funds permit)

+1
I am using HD20. I did compare it with a few other Power Cords, including a much more expensive Nordost and furutech. I did find HD 20 has a nice balance tonally. Words come to my mind are neutral, musical and relaxed. I wouldn't use adj such as energetic or exciting. Hope this is helpful. best is see if you can borrow a home demo.
I have some digital Cabledyn cables that I think are really good for their price and now I am thinking of trying their power cables. Cabledyne can fit them with Furutech FI-15E that fits under the cover on the Devialet or any other Furutech of your choice. Price is 240 dollar with Schuko connector.

http://www.cabledyne.com/silver-power-cable.html
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(03-Jan-2016, 21:39)octaviars Wrote: I have some digital Cabledyn cables that I think are really good for their price and now I am thinking of trying their power cables. Cabledyne can fit them with Furutech FI-15E that fits under the cover on the Devialet or any other Furutech of your choice. Price is 240 dollar with Schuko connector.

Hi octaviars,

I note that Cabledyne make specific reference to Devialet in their web page, as per:

"Connector Options: Furutech FI-11 series Gold US plugs standard. Substitute Furutech Rhodium US plug set, Schuko EU plug set (see cart). Furutech UK, AU/NZ international plug options. Devialet Power Cord with low profile Furutech FI-15E IEC Plug available."

They also seem to have a separate Devialet Custom Cable section:

"Devialet Custom Cables

RCA-XLR Digital Adapter Cable:

Available in our Reference Silver series 75 Ohm digital cable with Xhadow RCA, XLR silver plugs. Please specify length and silver or copper wire construction.

Power Cord:

Available in our Reference Silver Series power cables with Furutech low profile FI-15E IEC equipment plugs. Mains plugs can be US FI-11M or Schuko style in Direct-Gold Copper. Please specify cable length.

To Order: Contact support services with your specifications and we will email a price quotation. Please include your City/Country."

Have you a Cabledyne dealer (although I think they are a "direct on-line dealer") near to you, or do you deal direct with the States on-line, if so what was the response like?

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(05-Jan-2016, 14:14)brit Wrote:
(03-Jan-2016, 21:39)octaviars Wrote: I have some digital Cabledyn cables that I think are really good for their price and now I am thinking of trying their power cables. Cabledyne can fit them with Furutech FI-15E that fits under the cover on the Devialet or any other Furutech of your choice. Price is 240 dollar with Schuko connector.

Hi octaviars,

I note that Cabledyne make specific reference to Devialet in their web page, as per:

"Connector Options: Furutech FI-11 series Gold US plugs standard. Substitute Furutech Rhodium US plug set, Schuko EU plug set (see cart). Furutech UK, AU/NZ international plug options. Devialet Power Cord with low profile Furutech FI-15E IEC Plug available."

"Devialet Custom Cables

Available in our Reference Silver series 75 Ohm digital cable with Xhadow RCA, XLR silver plugs. Please specify length and silver or copper wire construction.

Power Cord:

Available in our Reference Silver Series power cables with Furutech low profile FI-15E IEC equipment plugs. Mains plugs can be US FI-11M or Schuko style in Direct-Gold Copper. Please specify cable length.

To Order: Contact support services with your specifications and we will email a price quotation. Please include your City/Country."

Have you a Cabledyne dealer (although I think they are a "direct on-line dealer") near to you, or do you deal direct with the States on-line, if so what was the response like?

David

I deal with Cabledyne directly. The response and customer service is some of the best I have encountered, no problem with orders, package price or any other questions. 
I think they put in the cable option of the powercables after I asked them for a price with the Furutech model that fits under the cover. The link cable was also added after I asked them to custom build a link cable for me.

I am thinking of going all Cabledyne cables in my system.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(05-Jan-2016, 18:52)octaviars Wrote:
(05-Jan-2016, 14:14)brit Wrote:

Hi octaviars,

"Devialet Custom Cables

Power Cord:

David

I deal with Cabledyne directly. The response and customer service is some of the best I have encountered, no problem with orders, package price or any other questions. 
I think they put in the cable option of the powercables after I asked them for a price with the Furutech model that fits under the cover. The link cable was also added after I asked them to custom build a link cable for me.

I am thinking of going all Cabledyne cables in my system.
Thanks for that. I might give them a try for the Power Cables.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Octaviars let me know if those powercables are any good.. And i will follow :-)..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk