Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynaudio Sapphire SAMed
My Dynaudio Sapphire was SAMed yesterday in my home.  Profile will be available today from Devialet website.  Cannot wait.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

FFYX turntable Soundsmith Boheme Cartridge
Rockna Wavedream Net CD / File player
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

Considering only 1000 were made that quite extraordinary.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
elo this is Shanghai?

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

No, my Devialets are in Hong Kong.
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

Many thanks, Elo. This is what I've been waiting for for a long time. Never expected the solution would come from Hongkong.

The Devialet website tells me that the Dynaudio Sapphires already are on the SAMed list:

http://en.devialet.com/sam-ready-speaker.../dynaudio/

Lets share some experiences considering the SAM effect.

Charlemagne Amsterdam/The Netherlands

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=18577]
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Charlemagne

I almost missed the SAM home visit as I expected to be back to HK from a business trip on Dec 18. If so Devialet engineer will be back to France already. Luckily my schedule changed and came back home a week earlier.

I downloaded the profile from the website but yet to have time to listen. Let's share the finding here.

Cheers!
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

@elo: you saved me a lot of troubles, I can tell you that. I even was considering bringing one of my Sapphires to Paris to get it SAMed. Till now the SAM lab wasn't even close to my domicile. A wonderfull service of Devialet  to bring the SAM lab to your home, considering the Sapphires had less then 20 votes alltogether. The Sapphires are a limited edition jubilee model of Dynaudio, constricted to a thousand pares alltogether, and they are sold out, as Pim already told. I guess that I don't need to tell you: they are a wonderfull combination with Devialet.

Don't forget to upgrade to the latest firmware, being 8.1.3, in order to use the optimal SAM effect.

I have done the firmware upgrade and I have got the SAM profile properly working right now. I'm quite impressed by the effect of SAM. The sound is more spatious then ever before and there is a much better controle of the bass and even the human voices do sound better then ever before. My system never sounded so good and there are more details in it then ever heard before. Till now I have the SAM profile set on a 100%, but I will have to experiment with different settings.

It's still a wonderfull idea that a SAM lab measurement in you're home in Hongkong does have such a wonderfull effect on the sound of my Sapphires overhere in Amsterdam.

Thanks again, and cheers!
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Home visit! Wow, you must have shares in the company. Here in the Uk we are sadly neglected, it seems the further away you are from Paris, the better.
Devialet came to the UK recently, 3 stores at both end of the country, but nothing in the middle. I would have had to drive 200 miles to get my speakers done, not very satisfactory really.
I have bought a pair of Focals temporarily in the hope that one day I will get my Audio Physics done.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Charlemagne

I also found the sound stage is deeper and wider, smoother mid and more vivid vocals. Currently I am also setting SAM at 100% and will try to find the optimal %.

Cheers!
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

misterpete

I wish I have shares in Devialet as I think their business must be very good.

Hong Kong is a small place, within 2 hours you can reach anywhere within by car or taxi (except those islands which you need to take a ferry). It just took Paul, Devialet engineer, and Anthony from HK distributor 30 min. from their shop to my home.

Hope your speakers will be SAMed soon.

Cheers!
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire