Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance
Hi,

Having the 800 system with Wilson sasha speakers

Noted that after a whole day of playing the devialet(s), or just standby (turned of sleep mode) that performance and Music is "thinner" pale/dim. Anyone else noticed this regardless of your config?

I know they have/had this problem on the D-premier

When newly started they sound great!
(19-Aug-2014, 17:47)stefanfreij Wrote: Hi,

Noted that after a whole day of playing the devialet(s), or just standby (turned of sleep mode) that performance and Music is "thinner" pale/dim. Anyone else noticed this regardless of your config?

Welcome to Devialet Chat! Smile

Sorry to ask but could you be a bit more specific? Your system sounds great at first but after a few hours doesn't sound so good?

How are you playing music? With AIR? A few more details would really help.

Thanks!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thank you Smile

Using a Meridian Control 15 with digital Cable (RCA) directly connected to the master (digital 2)

Hard to explain, but after 8-10 hours of continouos playing the sound feels "weaker", not the same power, dynamic in the Music

Have the Sasha W/P, waiting for the SAM-profile to hopefully fix this not forgiving speakers Smile
(19-Aug-2014, 18:37)stefanfreij Wrote: Thank you Smile

Using a Meridian Control 15 with digital Cable (RCA) directly connected to the master (digital 2)

Hard to explain, but after 8-10 hours of continouos playing the sound feels "weaker", not the same power, dynamic in the Music

Have the Sasha W/P, waiting for the SAM-profile to hopefully fix this not forgiving speakers Smile

Hi Stefan, do you know what the temperatures are like?

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Yes, around 39-40 on all parts
I have the units stacked

What cable are u using between master -> slave
is it RCA to RCA, brand and model?

One more, see u are using "Entreq grounding", big difference?
(19-Aug-2014, 18:56)stefanfreij Wrote: Yes, around 39-40 on all parts
I have the units stacked

What cable are u using between master -> slave
is it RCA to RCA, brand and model?

One more, see u are using "Entreq grounding", big difference?

I'm using a Transparent XL RCA 75 ohm cable between the two units. Entreq grounding of my Devialet units made a big difference for me.

Guillaume

UK
This sounds like a classic effect of psychoacoustics. It's very well documented in the psychoacoustic literature that habituation effects lead to perception of dullness and all-round reduced sensory excitement.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(19-Aug-2014, 17:47)stefanfreij Wrote: Hi,

Hi,

I must say that I experience the opposite. The 170 needed 30 min to get going and then when the 200 config arrived I felt it need at least 1 hour to get into its groove. Same hour or so for the 400. After that initial shake down hour my system is sounding good and keeps it that way regardless of being on for 5 hours or several days.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Is the time of the day specific? Like "daytime is good but late afternoon not so much?"
You may have an electricity issue... before my Torus isolation transformer, daytime listening sucked considerably compared to late nights...

Or, you may try to reset your Devialet's (long press the front button, it will start countdown from 5 and reset). maybe something going on softwarewise..
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(20-Aug-2014, 11:29)Kunter Wrote: Is the time of the day specific? Like "daytime is good but late afternoon not so much?"
You may have an electricity issue... before my Torus isolation transformer, daytime listening sucked considerably compared to late nights...

Or, you may try to reset your Devialet's (long press the front button, it will start countdown from 5 and reset). maybe something going on softwarewise..

One more suggestion...

If you are using AIR for playback through a router, try booting/resetting the router...
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey