Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice and simple

Roon on Macbook Pro, D200 into Harbeth SHL5+. Cardas Clear USB, Graditech Voima 1 power & Vovox Textura LS speaker cables.

Only wishing for AIR to work properly so I can untether the laptop!
That's beautiful man! Very minimalistic. Love it.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Awesome looking system and neat stands/base

how is Roon playing out for you so far?
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(28-Dec-2015, 06:23)amabrok Wrote: Awesome looking system and neat stands/base

Thanks. Roon is working extremely well, I love it. With the latest update it can even send audio to HQPlayer. I've not had the time to do a proper comparison to see if it's worth the extra effort (and cost of HQPlayer). 

As for AIR, it works better if I setup a dedicated Airport Express as an ethernet bridge - but it stills interrupts more often than I find acceptable. Using Roon on the Mac connected to the D200 via USB (streaming wirelessly from Tidal and a remote Roon server) is nearly flawless. I'm waiting patiently for Roon to release the RoonSpeaker app so I can run a headless PC to send audio to the D200. Or I may try HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter (NAA).
(19-Dec-2015, 08:24)j22 Wrote: Roon on Macbook Pro, D200 into Harbeth SHL5+. Cardas Clear USB, Graditech Voima 1 power & Vovox Textura LS speaker cables.

Only wishing for AIR to work properly so I can untether the laptop!

What make are the stands?

Cheers
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio
They're locally made to my specifications out of reclaimed wood - design based on Tonträger Audio's wooden stands. From my experimentation, I've found that the two most important factors influencing choice of stands on the Harbeths is 1) the speaker-stand interface, and 2) overall height of the stand. I now have Finite Elemente Ceraballs between the speaker and the stand to good effect.
(28-Dec-2015, 10:27)j22 Wrote:
(28-Dec-2015, 06:23)amabrok Wrote: Awesome looking system and neat stands/base

Thanks. Roon is working extremely well, I love it. With the latest update it can even send audio to HQPlayer. I've not had the time to do a proper comparison to see if it's worth the extra effort (and cost of HQPlayer). 

As for AIR, it works better if I setup a dedicated Airport Express as an ethernet bridge - but it stills interrupts more often than I find acceptable. Using Roon on the Mac connected to the D200 via USB (streaming wirelessly from Tidal and a remote Roon server) is nearly flawless. I'm waiting patiently for Roon to release the RoonSpeaker app so I can run a headless PC to send audio to the D200. Or I may try HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter (NAA).

thanks! very helpful
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(19-Dec-2015, 08:24)j22 Wrote: Only wishing for AIR to work properly so I can untether the laptop!

If you go down the HQPlayer route you'd have the option of using a RPi or similar as an 'NAA' which is the HQ player equivalent of Air.

Or hopefully imminently Roon's own 'RoonSpeakers' which the RPi has always been discussed as being supported at release.

Very few people have heard the roon system, but the NAA has lots of loyal followers so I assume it works well.

Either way, you'll be able to untether at low cost very soon.

Ok, so they're both still connected by USB which isn't exactly Air, but using something simple like a pi should in theory reduce all the computer 'noise' a traditional USB connection.

Not ideal if you intended to stream direct, but at least they might actually work.

For the life of me I've not been able to discern any SQ improvement using HQPlayer, with Devialet so far but now it works with Roon ill probably do a bit more testing...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(19-Dec-2015, 08:24)j22 Wrote: D200 into Harbeth SHL5+

J22, are you using SAM with the Harbeth SHL5+ speakers and are you happy with the results?