Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Tidal streamer?
Hello all, 

Just became a member today. I have a D200 on the way to me, so thought i would get some advise what my next purchase should be. 

I must be honest. Most of my music is streamed wia Tidal HIFI. I used to be a surround guy, but just switched to stereo. I recently bought my dream speaker, so i want to get the best possible Sound from Tidal. 

What is considered the best setup for streaming Tidal in my living room? 

Will there come a software upgrade that would make it possible to stream directly to the D200?

Should i buy a streamer? 

I have an AirPort Express that i could connect via wifi and then toslink to the D200, but that would then stream from ipad over wifi to AirPort over wifi. Isn't that bad?

I am thinking on buying a oppo bdp-105d to get a universal player. It will be connected over wired internet. Is that any good as a streamer compared to the AirPort directly to the D200?

Thanks for comments in advance  Smile

By the Way. My speakers are Audiovectors SR6 avantgarde Arreté's
Auralic Aries Mini ??
Le 220 Pro - Auralic Aries Mini - Audio Linear with Pickering XV-15/625 Heart - Sonus Faber Cremona M - Nordost Heimdall IC & SC
Is it better than an AirPort Express? Would'nt i need a more expensive player to get the full potentional out of the system. Besides... This is also a wifi solution
(19-Dec-2015, 19:39)TDA Wrote: Hello all, 

Just became a member today. I have a D200 on the way to me, so thought i would get some advise what my next purchase should be. 

I must be honest. Most of my music is streamed wia Tidal HIFI. I used to be a surround guy, but just switched to stereo. I recently bought my dream speaker, so i want to get the best possible Sound from Tidal. 

What is considered the best setup for streaming Tidal in my living room? 

Will there come a software upgrade that would make it possible to stream directly to the D200?

Should i buy a streamer? 

I have an AirPort Express that i could connect via wifi and then toslink to the D200, but that would then stream from ipad over wifi to AirPort over wifi. Isn't that bad?

I am thinking on buying a oppo bdp-105d to get a universal player. It will be connected over wired internet. Is that any good as a streamer compared to the AirPort directly to the D200?

Thanks for comments in advance  Smile

By the Way. My speakers are Audiovectors SR6 avantgarde Arreté's

I'd say some combination of Roon + Roon endpoint (either with RoonSpeakers or as  Roon Certified hardware) USB input on the Devialet is good as is the AES/EBU input. I have seen rumors that Oppo is considering some sort of Roon endpoint but I do not know. The Totaldac reclocker is a sublime device and if RoonReady would make a formidable, if rather pricey way to get very good sound.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Roon on Win10 system. Allow you to use AIR for wifi streaming.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I do not have a computer. It must be controlled from a ipad. I have a synology nas connected to the network, but i use Tidal the most. 

But now having must better revealing speakers i ofcourse want the best possible streaming experience. Without having to spend 10k ofcourse
Aurender N100 will give Tidal, NAS connection and superb sound. They have more expensive options as well. The Melco line is also well regarded as are the Bryston and Lumin D1. I think they all do Tidal.

If you are handy @HK3630's suggestion is also very good
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(20-Dec-2015, 00:27)TDA Wrote: I do not have a computer. It must be controlled from a ipad. I have a synology nas connected to the network, but i use Tidal the most. 

But now having must better revealing speakers i ofcourse want the best possible streaming experience. Without having to spend 10k ofcourse

Roon does has an iPad remote (actually more like Roon client). So, yes you can control via your iPad.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(20-Dec-2015, 01:11)hk6230 Wrote:
(20-Dec-2015, 00:27)TDA Wrote: I do not have a computer. It must be controlled from a ipad. I have a synology nas connected to the network, but i use Tidal the most. 

Roon does has an iPad remote (actually more like Roon client). So, yes you can control via your iPad.
Isn't there talk about spark Being able to stream to the expert range. I have not recieved my D200 yet but it Sounds nonsense to my that Tidal Can be streamed to phantoms and not to experts,
If and when Devialet supports UPnP this is a rumor right now so I dont beleive it before I see it the Devialet becomes a render in the network and if you have a app on your tablet that supports Tidal this can stream directly to the amp.

I have a Auralic Aries right now but if I can stream directly from Bubble UPnP app on my tablet (bubble supports Tidal and Qobuz) to my D400 I will try it to see if this is a better sounding solution.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree