Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tv and D200
Out of curiosity, why would you like to use your D400 as a home-theater system? I'm sure you can get better result with a DTS/AC3 soundbar plus sub then D400, no? And cheaper, too. I have a Yamaha YSP-4300 for my home theater and only use my D200 as my dedicated hifi system.

My apology if I have gone off-topic.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(27-Jan-2016, 10:54)hk6230 Wrote: Out of curiosity, why would you like to use your D400 as a home-theater system? I'm sure you can get better result with a DTS/AC3 soundbar plus sub then D400, no? And cheaper, too. I have a Yamaha YSP-4300 for my home theater and only use my D200 as my dedicated hifi system.

My apology if I have gone off-topic.

Hey..

i want to use my D400 as an all in one system. I know that i cannot expect virtual surround sound out of the D400, but just good stereo sound tv.

a sound bar could do it yes. But my hifi system is placed with the tv, and i want my D400 to be used for everything. Thats why i bought it. but maybe i should have checked this before buying.
I understand your intention. Maybe you can try using a 3.5mm-to-2xRCA adapter cable to your D400. That way, you are assured of stereo analog output from your TV to your D400. Oh, of course, provided your LG TV has a earphone output jack.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(27-Jan-2016, 11:28)hk6230 Wrote: I understand your intention. Maybe you can try using a 3.5mm-to-2xRCA adapter cable to your D400. That way, you are assured of stereo analog output from your TV to your D400. Oh, of course, provided your LG TV has a earphone output jack.

My tv actually has a earphone output.

i tried yesterday to connect it but my TV still just continued to send out bitstream. but in this way i can be sure that it will send out stereo.

on the otherhand if the broadcast is somehow in 5.1 can i then be sure that my tv downmixes the signal? i cannot chose a stereo setting on the tv.

when external audio is used i can only chose AUTO or BITSTREAM on a LG TV.
Hi TDA...

It sounds strange that you can't change the output of the TV, but if that is the case--what model of LG TV do you have?

I think what hk6230 is saying is that you should use the analog signal from the TV's headphone jack and connect it to an analog input of the Devialet.

@hk6230, with all respect I have heard some sound bars, and they are nowhere near the sound of the Devialet for movies, especially when ICM is used the Devialet is outstanding!

Kind regards

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Hi TDA,
I would imagine your tv is set for dolby digital not PCM, this can usually be changed if you go into the tv menu and choose sound.
Cheers,
Bill
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(27-Jan-2016, 21:01)Morten Wrote: Hi TDA...

It sounds strange that you can't change the output of the TV, but if that is the case--what model of LG TV do you have?

I think what hk6230 is saying is that you should use the analog signal from the TV's headphone jack and connect it to an analog input of the Devialet.

@hk6230, with all respect I have heard some sound bars, and they are nowhere near the sound of the Devialet for movies, especially when ICM is used the Devialet is outstanding!

Kind regards

Morten

Hey Morten.

It's a lg 55lm670t.. It outputs only optical and when connecting optical I can chose between auto and bitstream. When using auto the sound disappears on some channels. When using bitstream I get audio to the Dev but when watching 5.1 the Dev cannot convert a bitstream signal into stereo off course. That conversion should be done before the Dev.

What I can see from the Internet, then Sony tv's can down mix a surround signal into stereo PCM and send it to a stereo amp.

I wrote to Dev today and there is no such feature in the future from Dev. I off course fully respect that but had to ask.

With all due respect I will not buy a soundbar to put under my tv and then have 40000 euro Hifi just standing there.

I have now tried connecting the headphone jack to the analog input on the Dev.. I guess I now have a stereo sound from the tv....
(27-Jan-2016, 21:14)wwm Wrote: Hi TDA,
I would imagine your tv is set for dolby digital not PCM, this can usually be changed if you go into the tv menu and choose sound.
Cheers,
Bill

Hey Bill,

Normally yes but not on my tv. I think my tv is made with the intention to connect to an AVR.
(27-Jan-2016, 21:01)Morten Wrote: Hi TDA...

Kind regards

Morten

Thanks, I will remember this. If I ever got a chance to put my Devialet near a TV, I will give it a try.