Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tv and D200
I use the optical input with my Roku 4 and it works well. I just plugged it in without any changes from the defaults and it works. Sounds good too. Caveat: I don't use it more than a few hours a week.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
ICM is a feature that came with FW 8 it makes it easier to understand the dialogue, it is optional if you want to use it, I like it a lot:-)

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(20-Dec-2015, 20:26)Morten Wrote: ICM is a feature that came with FW 8 it makes it easier to understand the dialogue, it is optional if you want to use it, I like it a lot:-)

Kind regards Morten

sounds great.

do you know if the D200 will decode the all sound " formats" which is broadcastet from in the Danish cabel signal.. ?

and what if i stream movies from a NAS server. Will the D200 decode the digital signals..?
(21-Dec-2015, 10:23)TDA Wrote:
(20-Dec-2015, 20:26)Morten Wrote: ICM is a feature that came with FW 8 it makes it easier to understand the dialogue, it is optional if you want to use it, I like it a lot:-)

Kind regards Morten

sounds great.

do you know if the D200 will decode the all sound " formats" which is broadcastet from in the Danish cabel signal.. ?

and what if i stream movies from a NAS server. Will the D200 decode the digital signals..?

I guess whatever comes into your tv will be decoded by your tv and the tv will output some sort of PCM. I've never had anything coming out of my tv that didn't work on the D200.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(21-Dec-2015, 10:52)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(21-Dec-2015, 10:23)TDA Wrote:

Kind regards Morten

sounds great.

I guess whatever comes into your tv will be decoded by your tv and the tv will output some sort of PCM. I've never had anything coming out of my tv that didn't work on the D200.

well that's fine. I will se how it works.

when i was totally into surround sound i couln't get enough of the DTS-HD MA formats and so on. Now i more or less stream my movies on Netflix or other services. So i just want a decent sound coming from my tv to the D200. My main thing now is music.

in a perfect world it would be great if the D200 could decode digital signals like DTS sound or the HD formats. But then it would need a HDMI input.
Hallo TDA,

I agrees with Pim van Vliet, my TV is set to PCM out and everything, from NAS, Broadcast, Apple TV (Netflix) sounds fine, I have never been into surround sound so I can't compare. But watching movies with the Devialet is to my ears good, it is easy to hear the dialog, and where the persons who speaks are standing etc...

You can experiment with the ICM, when you press the sound a number of times you come to a setting where you can turn it on and off.

Enjoy :-)
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Hey Morten

After some start-up problems i am now a happy Dev owner. The ICM works great and I have named a button on the remote to turn it on/off if needed. One thing I cannot get to work is the pass-through on tv input. On this input I want to use only the tv's remote. In the configurator I have turned it on but when uploaded it does not work. Either remotes work. Is there somewhere else I need to turn it on?
Hi TDA

Congratulations, I hope you will be happy with the Devialat 

Sorry I have no experience with pass through—I do know that you can’t get a normal IR remote to work with the Devialet without some fancy IR to RS 232 conversion.

Also note that you can set ICM to turn on automatically when the TV input is selected—hence you do not need to press the remote 

Kind regards Morten

Denmark
(17-Jan-2016, 13:47)Morten Wrote: Hi TDA

Congratulations, I hope you will be happy with the Devialat 

Sorry I have no experience with pass through—I do know that you can’t get a normal IR remote to work with the Devialet without some fancy IR to RS 232 conversion.

Also note that you can set ICM to turn on automatically when the TV input is selected—hence you do not need to press the remote 

Kind regards Morten

Hello Morten

Thank you for answering.

ICM is now turned on automatically. I find it though only usefull on dialog TV.. On movies it sounds better without.

i saw Tron Legacy this weekend via the tv signal and the sound was surprisingly good.

i will see if i can get the TV's remote to work on this input. That's my next project. it does not work when i turn on pass throug.
(21-Dec-2015, 12:32)Morten Wrote: Hallo TDA,

I agrees with Pim van Vliet, my TV is set to PCM out and everything, from NAS, Broadcast, Apple TV (Netflix) sounds fine, I have never been into surround sound so I can't compare. But watching movies with the Devialet is to my ears good, it is easy to hear the dialog, and where the persons who speaks are standing etc...

You can experiment with the ICM, when you press the sound a number of times you come to a setting where you can turn it on and off.

Enjoy :-)

Hey Morten.

i have now had some time with my Dev system and what originally sounded like good sound has now changed.

i have a LG TV and it cannot convert the signal into PCM and then send digital stereo out to the dev. When i use optical cord from TV to the dev it can only send out bitstream sound.

that means that the dev will recieve a unconverted signal. Now i understand why voices on my movies sound so unclear. Because it is sent like a 5.1 signal to the dev and there is no center channel.  have somebody else experienced this?