Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 9.0.1
I've just upgraded, and it's OK. For me, no sound changes.
Dare to learn!
[Mac Mini => Devialet 200 => Elac FS 509 VX JET]
I recall the IHM file was the only difference between between 8.1.3 and 8.1.3 beta. However, many claimed that the beta version sounded better. So far it looks like the consensus is that there are no SQ changes with 9.0.1, which is what you would expect with just an IHM file change. This is fine with me, I'm happy with 8.1.3 SQ wise.

Does anyone know what "Suppression of the possible crosstalk between the LINE1 input (RCA3/4) and PHONO input (RCA5/6)" specifically means? Is it related to the phono stage hiss issue?
It's interesting that the crosstalk can be suppressed by a firmware change, as it would normally be caused by a hardware deficiency (at least in my experience) -- maybe there's a way for the firmware to reduce the effect of a possibly unused line input on the phono signal path?  Or vice versa?

If there's an ADC with an unused, floating input, then its output could have been driving noise into nearby PCB traces.  The firmware change could perhaps put the unused ADC output into a high-impedance state to reduce this effect.  I'm speculating more than wildly here, of course...

Hopefully someone who's experienced the phono stage hiss can comment to say whether or not it's improved with this firmware release.  Fingers crossed.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I think here is better with 9. I had some problems with SAM ON with VIVID K1 , bass overtaking the lower mids . Masking them. Seems it is much better now. Have to listen more, but this is my first impression. I think that I don't need to lower the SAM while increasing the volume, as I had before. Regards, Hrky
(22-Dec-2015, 00:51)hrky_zmaj Wrote: I think here is better with 9. I had some problems with SAM ON with VIVID K1 , bass overtaking the lower mids . Masking them. Seems it is much better now. Have to listen more, but this is my first impression. I think that I don't need to lower the SAM while increasing the volume, as I had before. Regards, Hrky

I agree and by marked degree. My tweaked 200 is presenting a significantly enhanced depth with a richer, more robust, full-bodied and articulate control than 10 minutes earlier that sounds more powerful yet simultaneously more relaxed than previous 7/8 revisions.

Only thing I can think of is perhaps my PEMectomy more closely matches the new design-spec PEM used in the latest/greatest Original d'Atelier. Coupled with hrky's initial thoughts above and he's running no PEM as I am. No one else hears much difference. Coincidence? No one's more surprised by this find than me! I fully expected to install it, listen then immediately dump it as just another half-hearted or premature effort. I'm impressed!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(22-Dec-2015, 00:00)thumb5 Wrote: Hopefully someone who's experienced the phono stage hiss can comment to say whether or not it's improved with this firmware release.  Fingers crossed.

No.  Still there as much as it was before.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

So does the firmware finally remember SAM settings for input channels? (Line in, WiFi,..)
Sorry if I come out as grumpy, but seriously, calling this a major release is in my opinion beyond standards of the software industry. What is the new functionality or interface change that warrants calling this a major update? Am I missing something??

This king has no clothes. I am fine with that as in I am not playing along. I am fine with the sound quality of what I already have, although some of the features spoken about on earlier threads would have been nice to have too (in a major release).
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)
Has anyone heard Devialet announce that this is a MAJOR release?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
That is implicit in the version number, at least to me it is. Previous major version was 8, now they stepped up to 9. The norm is to use a scheme as in <Major>.<Minor/ service pack>.<bugfix>
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)