Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ongoing: Phantom/Dialog/Spark protocol deciphering and development
Protocol between phantom and spark is not deciphered yet. If you have spare time and want to help, would appreciate a wireshark dump of traffic, especially with 2 phantoms and a dialog, using each of the optical inputs one after another and streaming network audio (tidal etc).
I have the time and knowledge but not the equipment. I'm a prospective buyer not an owner yet.
(08-Jan-2016, 20:13)iliapas Wrote: Protocol between phantom and spark is not deciphered yet. If you have spare time and want to help, would appreciate a wireshark dump of traffic, especially with 2 phantoms and a dialog, using each of the optical inputs one after another and streaming network audio (tidal etc).

Hi, 
   I only have 1 Silver Phantom. 

What I've done so far is tweeted devialet to get API for the Phantom. 

I've run nmap on the phantom and check for TCP port being opened. I've tried to ssh on all the port without success. 

It runs a linux distribution but can connect to it. 

I have a done a tcpudump as well but its quite blur to me yet even some http commands can be found in some packets.

Actually all TCP connection are initiated from the Spark app. 

So far I'm pretty stuck to be honest
I was not aware of this thread and initiative! Very exiting even if nothing new seems to have happened since early -16. If I had known I would have tried to get a Wireshark log of the communication between Dialog and Phantoms which I had at home a couple of weeks ago. I will make sure I do this next time I have Phantoms home for audition. Hopefully Golds this time!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
How are you so sure it runs a Linux distro ? ^^
have you opened the Dialog and see on which hardware the system is running ?
Port scanning over TCP/IP is showing most of the time unrrelevant information that can't be used for further investigations.
To me the Dialog act as a router/webserver...
in fact i really don't know
(03-Jan-2016, 17:57)Gaustabl Wrote:
(03-Jan-2016, 14:40)iliapas Wrote: Sadly, no. The protocol (as it seems right now at least) is to let Phantom know you're there, then get a list of ports from it, then connect to appropriate control port, and then send a packet to that port, with appropriate command message using some non-http protocol.

What is possible right now, though, is to play any support file or stream you want on the Phantom, whether local or through internet, including VLC output stream, which means you can watch a movie in VLC with sound being streamed to the Phantom via local network/wifi.

Ok, thank you for replying, hopefully Devialet will come up with a solution for 3rd part remotes, but not likely as i understand.
Best regards Lars
I too have been trying to get a third party remote for volume only as a minimum to work. I'm no programming wizard, but I assume the Dialog must allow some standard http protocol for volume control as you can control volume via Spotify???
(19-Sep-2016, 00:41)jcd1877 Wrote:
(03-Jan-2016, 17:57)Gaustabl Wrote:
(03-Jan-2016, 14:40)iliapas Wrote: Sadly, no. The protocol (as it seems right now at least) is to let Phantom know you're there, then get a list of ports from it, then connect to appropriate control port, and then send a packet to that port, with appropriate command message using some non-http protocol.

What is possible right now, though, is to play any support file or stream you want on the Phantom, whether local or through internet, including VLC output stream, which means you can watch a movie in VLC with sound being streamed to the Phantom via local network/wifi.

Ok, thank you for replying, hopefully Devialet will come up with a solution for 3rd part remotes, but not likely as i understand.
Best regards Lars
I too have been trying to get a third party remote for volume only as a minimum to work. I'm no programming wizard, but I assume the Dialog must allow some standard http protocol for volume control as you can control volume via Spotify???

If you open spark, you can chance the volume with your iPhone with the volume buttons on the left site  from your phone
any updates on efforts here?
I am anxiously waiting too.  It's not gonna happen if only one guy works on this.  I wish I was a linux guru.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
(30-Dec-2015, 11:44)iliapas Wrote: If anybody is interested in Mac OS version, let know, it's even simpler on Mac Smile
Also, a redirect can be to a dynamic URL which can be processed on server to serve any stream you want, so you can have server-side playlist organizer.

Interested to have a tuto for your mac version !
Can send you a wireshark with 2 Phantom + Dialog if still needed Smile