Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New configurator
Just seen a revamped configurator on Devialet website; looks rather smart but so far haven't spotted any new functionality; rest of website seems to have had a mild 'tinkering'.
Any views?
(20-Aug-2014, 18:24)oxfordaudio Wrote: Just seen a revamped configurator on Devialet website; looks rather smart but so far haven't spotted any new functionality; rest of website seems to have had a mild 'tinkering'.
Any views?

Indeed looks rather smart! Thanks for sharing Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Also new speakers on SAM - Harbeth M30.1 and Proac Response D40R
Looks smart, but unfortunatly introduces a problem for me: if you disable the inputs on the slave the buttons for general settings and the remote disappear. And don't come back...Makes my setup difficoult to define...
I had some problems on MacBook Air with Safari just now too. Trying to enable USB, the USB image doesn't render properly and you have to get lucky where you hit it to have any effect. Inputs are getting crossed over each other.
(21-Aug-2014, 18:15)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I had some problems on MacBook Air with Safari just now too. Trying to enable USB, the USB image doesn't render properly and you have to get lucky where you hit it to have any effect. Inputs are getting crossed over each other.

Just tried our Mac Book Air with Safari and a 200 and I didn't get that problem; could select and deselect USB no problem.
Thanks! I've realised I just made a boo boo. I got the problem with Firefox (latest version, 31?), not Safari. OS is Mavericks.
(21-Aug-2014, 16:50)Vivialet Wrote: Looks smart, but unfortunatly introduces a problem for me: if you disable the inputs on the slave the buttons for general settings and the remote disappear. And don't come back...Makes my setup difficoult to define...

... and that remains the same on 8th October, 7 weeks later. They say there are addressing it, but if you went to a 400 or 800 recently you won't be too happy that you have only a part-functional unit.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Incidentally the problems I saw previously are gone. The configurator actually looks quite different now to the one I was seeing then.
Have problems with Configurator on Mac. Nearly always get "There was an error generating your configuration file.....". Find this tool a pain to use. Doesn't seem to save correctly, or it just decides to wipe your settings and start fresh without telling you. Urrrrrr.