Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simpel IR to RS232 interface
Hallo, I have just received a new apple tv—the remote have the ability to control the volume on a tv—but I do not use the speakers in the TV, always my Devialet 200…

The remote can also lean other commands, hence my question, is there anyone that knows of a small/cheap box that will convert IR codes to RS232 that can control the volume in the Devialet 200?

I have searched the forum, but the suggestions seams more advanced, and more into home automation…

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(22-Dec-2015, 17:09)Morten Wrote: Hallo, I have just received a new apple tv—the remote have the ability to control the volume on a tv—but I do not use the speakers in the TV, always my Devialet 200…

The remote can also lean other commands, hence my question, is there anyone that knows of a small/cheap box that will convert IR codes to RS232 that can control the volume in the Devialet 200?

I have searched the forum, but the suggestions seams more advanced, and more into home automation…

Kind regards Morten
If only! In all my years of hunting, I haven't found one. It beggars belief that you can't have an IR detector on a 6K product. Even if the h/w existed, you'd still have to do some programming of the RS232 commands in Linux or something.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.