Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet RS232 Control Utility
You're welcome. And by involving IFTTT, I take it that when you switch activities on the Harmony, the Devialet eventually switches to the corresponding sound input the day after ?
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(18-Jan-2017, 13:43)JohnnySix Wrote: You're welcome. And by involving IFTTT, I take it that when you switch activities on the Harmony, the Devialet eventually switches to the corresponding sound input the day after ?

Big Grin 

I heard about the response times but never experienced issues myself.

My intention though proved to be impossible with ifttt. For whatever reason, the harmony applet is not available for triggers only for actions. 

So I created a simple Tasker task sequence, which would be compatible with Google home(also Alexa I guess). 

The sequence turns on the Devialet, waits 15sec, switches devialet source, sets desired volume, and runs my music streaming app Roon.

I hope the API will be released soon so that I can fiddle around with auto play of playlists
And for those with Apple iOS phones/tablets, the "Yonomi" app is also a good way of circumventing IFTTT (and keeping it local), provided that Yonomi is compatible with the Home Automation equipment you have. I use it to command Alexa to switch Harmony Activities, because the command syntax is shorter. No need for "Ask Harmony to...".
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Johnny, one more question:
Do you know if it is possible to increase or decrease volume by 5 db points via http commands?

As far as I can see, I am only able to command to set the volume to a defined volume level, i.e. e.g. -40db or -20db. It would be better if I could e.g. decrease the volume level by 10db.

Do you know if this is possible?
(12-Mar-2017, 16:08)k1282 Wrote: Johnny, one more question:
Do you know if it is possible to increase or decrease volume by 5 db points via http commands?

As far as I can see, I am only able to command to set the volume to a defined volume level, i.e. e.g. -40db or -20db. It would be better if I could e.g. decrease the volume level by 10db.

Do you know if this is possible?

I'm assuming you meant RS232 commands. The only way to do delta volume change is '[DEVIALET>VOLUME=++]' (or '--').
These only change it by 0.5db, so you'd need to repeat these as necessary.
hmmm, ok, understood. annoying though.
Does anybody have a recent list of RS232 commands?

The document linked to Configurator website is not accurate. RIAA command doesn't work on Expert 220 and ICM command works and is not in the document.
Devialet 1000s, Belcanto 600Ms, Vivid Audio Giya G3, C1, V1w and sub, Trinnov AL16, QNAP TVS-471 NAS, Oppo 203, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Synergistic Research
Not aware of any other sources for this document. Did you find the ICM command purely by experimentation?
Yes, purely by experimentation.
Devialet 1000s, Belcanto 600Ms, Vivid Audio Giya G3, C1, V1w and sub, Trinnov AL16, QNAP TVS-471 NAS, Oppo 203, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Synergistic Research
any idea, if the new core infinity boards allow us to control devialet via http commands directly or are we still dependent on that RS232 port?