Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016)
- No upgrade to Air. Instead...
- Dialog for Expert either as a stand-alone (paid) upgrade or as part of...
- a larger upgrade to the 400s/800s that will bring some of the benefits (at the moment, presumed benefits only...) of the 900s to the little people. I believe some sort of paid (and time-limited) upgrade to the expert range is almost inevitable this coming year, simply because it has been a while since the last one. It must be time once again to milk the franchise (sorry, make good on the promise that your d-premier will never be obsolete).
- Phantoms in lots of different colours, at a price - it's marketed as a lifestyle product, after all.
(Marantz cd7 || Linn-Lyra Kleos || Naim NAT01 || Roon Rock) -> DM CI -> Magico S5, with various wires interceding, mostly Transparent, the rest Opaque, I suppose
Hope to have a upgraded Devialet Remote which has a digital display replicating the same display on the Devialet amplifier at the centre of the knob. (i heard they are working on something)
Or Devialet Remote Application (Phone/ iPad) with similar control of the physical Remote Control.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
I dont see any new products just yet, development takes such a long time and even longer with such a small company like Devialet. In fact I hope they don't waste their time on new products as the ones they have will sell way more if they implemented a few more features that helped elevate them further

if all they add is UPnP or an app i will be happy enough
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
I expect Devialet to introduce full integration of Air into streaming services such as Tidal, Qobuz etc.
Upgrade of the Devialet app to include full remote functionalities.
Further integration into Apple product lines such as Devialet app for Apple TV to take advantage of new Apple music offerings in Hires to be introduced in 2016.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
Hi,

AirPlay for Phantom is what is missing. This needs to be addressed asap.
Spark no substitute at all for Airplay.
So I guess Airplay will be the next logical step in terms of development for phantoms.
And I am talking about a native solution without additional hardware.

Cheers, Jens.
I predict and also hope a revised remote for Phantom that will have a touch LCD display for track control and info will be released this year. It seems the current remote was a rush job. I have high confidence Devialet will do better with a v2 effort.
A choice for Dialog/Phantom/Spark is a choice for their soundproduction, the rest...keep wishing and hoping...!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(27-Dec-2015, 23:24)blair.athol Wrote: I expect Devialet to introduce full integration of Air into streaming services such as Tidal, Qobuz etc.

Gawd help us if that comes true..... Huh

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

RoonReady.

I know they've no intention of doing it, but I'm putting it just to make myself feel better.

2016 will be the year most other high-end manufacturers add RoonReady to their devices (Bryston streamers pictured with the logo at CES this week for example), and so will all end up with a more advanced 'Air' type system that actually works - leaving Devialet looking a bit silly.

That's my only prediction. I'd love to see 2016 be the year Devialet focus on customers, fixes, and customer requested features, but.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(09-Jan-2016, 11:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-Dec-2015, 23:24)blair.athol Wrote: I expect Devialet to introduce full integration of Air into streaming services such as Tidal, Qobuz etc.

Gawd help us if that comes true.....   Huh

Well, at least Qobuz output via Air Ethernet works flawlessly from my Mac to th D200 and sound is great.  I just had to select audio output to Devialet Air in the Qobuz app on the Mac. I am just missing the same on wireless devices such as the iPad as I can only stream via Airplay from there. Airplay requires another tool such as Apple TV which is of course not perfect.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany