Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Speaker Cables
Tried Tellurium Blue and Tellurium Black. Both seemed overly warm to me - treble and mid range shut in; female vocals sounded dull. Only spent 2 weeks each with them, so was possibly a little impatient?

Settled on Nordost Purple Flare - possibly a bit too much in the other direction, but I'd rather live with (sometimes) excessive treble, than the opposite. Don't feel I've found the ideal cable yet, but changing other stuff at the moment so will revisit later. On the plus side, they're flat - so easy to hide under carpet, if thus is a requirement.

Currently demoing Sablon PC, do if tubs works out, may investigate their speaker cables also. Choices, choices .....!
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
Another Nordost user here. Smile Before I was using the original Heimdall's but now the original Tyr's (I found a really good deal on those otherwise I would find them way to expensive, new).
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Has anyone tried Sablon's Panatela speaker cables? (Ken?) Would be interested to hear your thoughts if so...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Will be interested to hear how Sablons sound. I recall on the hifiwigwam thread a mention that speaker cables don't make much different with Devialet due to the very low output impedance. I think there is some truth to that but there is still an audible difference.
I've tried Nordost Heimdall 2s and found they had a great dynamic range. It was almost too much but I could definitely live with that, also tried Red Dawn which was great - quite grainy, but enjoyable. I'm currently still using Audiovector Avantgarde cable which I used with my previous speakers, but it's pretty good with my Devialet and Raidhos and I've not really heard anything to beat it yet in my system. Hope to try some Entreq cables at some point, and probably owe it to myself to try Ansuz seeing as they're a good match for Raidho. Oh, and Chord Sarum too which sounds awesome in GuillaumeB's system!
I use Nordost too, Frey2 at the moment but I'm not certain that it's the best combination for Devialet as they are very high resolving but also a little lean. I intend to try Transparent Reference MM2 at some point as I think its fuller sound will probably complement the Devialet better.
(05-Jun-2014, 15:34)thumb5 Wrote: Has anyone tried Sablon's Panatela speaker cables? (Ken?) Would be interested to hear your thoughts if so...

Hi - I haven't tried the Sablons yet. Am thinking that I'm going about this the wrong way - need to sort out my speakers first before I go back to power cables and speaker cables.
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
(08-Jun-2014, 11:40)ZincAlloy Wrote:
(05-Jun-2014, 15:34)thumb5 Wrote: Has anyone tried Sablon's Panatela speaker cables? (Ken?) Would be interested to hear your thoughts if so...

Hi - I haven't tried the Sablons yet. Am thinking that I'm going about this the wrong way - need to sort out my speakers first before I go back to power cables and speaker cables.

I think that's probably the best way to go about it. I just purchased my speaker upgrade and am taking that approach. The speakers haven't arrived yet, but I took the opportunity to get a pair of Audience Aud24SEs because they clearly outperformed my current JPS Labs Superconductor Vs when testing my D240/50 with Trenner & Friedl Ellas (great speakers even though I didn't choose them in the end). When I got them back home (I did my speaker shopping for 6 weeks in HK), I hooked them up to my current SF Electa Amator IIs for burn-in and right out of the box, they sounded fantastic. So much more music is passing through, while nothing in particular standing out. Very neutral, balanced and musical. When I get my new speakers, I'll listen for a couple of months before looking at power cords (and maybe one or two more speaker cables). I now have Shunyata Ztron Cobra. I want to hear Sablon, Argento, Silent Source...
I have to admit that I am a cable sceptic.
I used to be convinced I could hear the difference between cables but when I started considering paying a very large sum on some speaker cables I decided to do a test at home.
Back then I had a Spectral DMA180 amp driving Sonus Faber Extremas.
To cut a long story short the only speaker cables which sounded different in a level matched test were those with filters in line, such as MIT, Transparent and Goldmund. The rest all ended up sounding the same, regardless of what I thought before.
Nowadays I just use technically sound cables with good quality connections, since the connector is a potential source of small contact area and poor conductivity.
I have saved a fortune since :-)
I found much the same with interconnects.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I'm convinced different speaker cables sound different, and as of yesterday I'm convinced that even power cables can make a big difference. I'm contacting my dealer next week to see what cables they can loan me to test at home.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Audience speaker AU24-SE speaker cables, power cables and digital cable.
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D