Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subwoofer query
Hi - is anyone here using a Expert with a subwoofer AND a AV receiver? I'm after some connection advice as to whether my preferred connection method will work, or if there's a better way of doing this. 

I'm about to buy a JL Audio e110 or f112 subwoofer (doesn't have many inputs) & was planning to connect in this way:

1) when playing music, Devialet sums the L & R channels to a single subwoofer output which connects to a line in on the subwoofer

2) when using the home cinema receiver, I use the bypass facility in the Devialet. For this input I don't wish any subwoofer output from the Devialet but instead want the receiver to send LFE to the other input on the sub.

I am trying to connect two different sources of bass into a single subwoofer - one from my Devialet and one from my receiver. 

Just wondered if anyone here does something similar or has a better idea for how to connect Devialet + receiver + sub?

Thanks in advance!
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS
I have my sub fed from my AV amp and the front L & R fed from my 200 on bypass only whenever I play a movie on my bluray player.
It works okay.
(30-Dec-2015, 08:37)Davyboy Wrote: I have my sub fed from my AV amp and the front L & R fed from my 200 on bypass only whenever I play a movie on my bluray player.
It works okay.

Hi there, is the Devialet also connected to the sub, which is what I wanted to find out?

Thanks
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS
I don't know that this will help but I have a subwoofer connected to the Devialet, though I don't always switch it on, and have my AV processor connected to bypass but I have set up the system as 4.0 rather than 5.1 and defined the front speakers in the AV setup as full range.
This way the absent centre channel and sub channels of movies are split between the front pair of speakers, which are driven by the Devialet.
It works very well.
Some say a centre dialogue channel is important for films, but in my room I found this solution better than adding a fifth speaker which was inferior to my mains.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

My setup is fully identical to f1eng's except that I also apply a high pass filter in the Devialet to the mains @80Hz and send a full range signal to the pre-outs to which a AntiMode 2.0 Dual core is connected. The AM in turn applies a low pass filter @80Hz and room-correction to the sub connected to the AM. Like this I can enjoy optimal bass sound for both stereo and surround and all I have to do is select the right input on the Devialet to switch between them.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
1. Connect the Devialet sub out into the balanced Left/ mono entrance and
2. Connect the AV receiver to the unbalanced left/ mono entrance and
3. Let's make custom made "Van den Hul The Sub" cable (vandenhul.com)
4. Use the AV receiver's menu to switch sub on or off.

Must work properly this way. Succes!
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz