Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Speakers
(11-Mar-2016, 10:26)Womaz Wrote: I need a plan for those ugly wires and cables!

Have a look at Crystal Cable.

I'm using the Micro Diamond speaker cables with splitter system in a bi-wire configuration.

http://www.crystalcable.com/cables/diamond-series/
Nice job Womaz!   The setup looks great.

PS) I've given up on trying to organize the cables, I have more components with a TV etc.  I hide as much as a I can and the big boxes on the Transparent cables make conversation pieces.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Hi Womaz,

What is the reason behind using black banana connector not next to the red one but one below tier?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(11-Mar-2016, 19:43)archer75 Wrote: Hi Womaz,

What is the reason behind using black banana connector not next to the red one but one below tier?

I have no idea, that's just how the dealer set them up
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(11-Mar-2016, 19:47)Womaz Wrote:

PMC also recommend that approach for the most 'balanced' sound when not biwiring. Others swear using the tweeter input gives the best results. Personally I find the way you've done it gives the most balanced on my speakers, but I've recently reverted to using the woofer input which I think gives very slightly more bass.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Ok. My dealer did set up on the classic way. So, I understand none of them is wrong.

(11-Mar-2016, 20:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

PMC also recommend that approach for the most 'balanced' sound when not biwiring. Others swear using the tweeter input gives the best results. Personally I find the way you've done it gives the most balanced on my speakers, but I've recently reverted to using the woofer input which I think gives very slightly more bass.

Thanks, another thing to test and decide then.

I have always thought it made no difference as I thought that was the point of the binding posts?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(11-Mar-2016, 21:15)Womaz Wrote: I have always thought it made no difference as I thought that was the point of the binding posts?

You're spot on. The jumpers would have to be of some pretty dodgy quality for there to be any difference between connecting them to the tweeter, woofer, or, as in your case, either connector. It's all the same connection.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Ciao Womaz,

How are the Olympicas coming along? A few weeks ago I modified the rake of mines by rising the back and lowering the front so that the twitters would be lower and closer to ear height, and what a deligh! The soundstage has definitely opened up (and it was already quite wide and deep before!) without loosing palpability.

Very happy with this last change I must say.

ML
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy